Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few extra vacation days turned into quite the project. It doesn't look like much but I took all the JRSC brackets off, put them in my sand blaster, and then sprayed them with some high temp paint. HOPEFULLY, this time they won't surface rust like crazy. While the SVT was down I installed the hood scoop, a new serpentine belt, redid the oil separator lines, and tidied some misc stuff up. Apparently regular vacuum tubing doesn’t like hot engine oil running through it…lol. Of course I drove it today and the check engine light popped came on. I checked it out and its the second O2 sensor...yet again. I must have bumped the electrical connection or something because I have always had a problem with it. Looks like that's on the to-do list.

Next up? Only I know but it includes getting low.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
i really like your exhaust tips, never noticed that before!

good lookin car, i like the hoodscoop as well, looks like quite a classy chassis you got there [thumb]

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
Cool Looking car. I love the Tip and the HoodScoop

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
I hadn't noticed the dual-tip either. Looks good!

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
sharp looking car! nice SVTF you got going right there

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
If you don't mind sharing were did you get that tip?

·
Registered
784 Posts
may be that scoop will cool off that JRSC, nice car by the way.

·
Registered
50 Posts
nice functioning hood scoop.... i think you should do the flat black mach 1 style stripe down the middle...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Great lookin car, bro.

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
I'm not usually a fan of those hood scoops, but yours pulls it off really well. I like it.
I like the rest of the mods too. Very cleanly done.

·
Banned
1,671 Posts
its a beautiful car, but the hood scoop kinda ruined it for me.....then I saw that it was functional and that made it OK lol

was the underside of your hood painted when you took the crap off of the inside of it or did you have to get it painted? I'm scared to take mine off because I've heard some dSVTs idn't get painted underneath...

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
The scoop ain't for me (although you did a nice job installing it), but the rest of your car looks AWESOME.

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i really like your exhaust tips, never noticed that before!

good lookin car, i like the hoodscoop as well, looks like quite a classy chassis you got there [thumb]
Classy chassis...lol thanks for the kind words!

If you don't mind sharing were did you get that tip?
I ordered it off the internet but the website is out of business. They use them for Grand Prixs all the time. It is stainless steel and I'm really glad I ditched the Borla tip. It was originally a Borla cat-back

That's beautiful. Awesome job
Thanks, it looks better in person.

I'm not usually a fan of those hood scoops, but yours pulls it off really well. I like it.
I like the rest of the mods too. Very cleanly done.
Oh trust me I was torn but glad I did it now.

its a beautiful car, but the hood scoop kinda ruined it for me.....then I saw that it was functional and that made it OK lol

was the underside of your hood painted when you took the crap off of the inside of it or did you have to get it painted? I'm scared to take mine off because I've heard some dSVTs idn't get painted underneath...
Haha thanks. The underside of the hood is factory. Oh and when you pop the underhood protector off put a towl down to catch the black caps. :)

Nice comments [thumb]
Thanks!

A side note...I had a dual inlet carbon fiber hood but hated the fit and finish. I was going to try it again with a painted invader2 hood. I really didn't want to go through all that hoopla again so decided against it in order to do the scoop due to its location and aesthetic appearance.

·
WOOT!!!
1,408 Posts
wow... i love your car!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts