Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

Have been 3 months since my last upgrade to my SVT … and I want the off road pipe.
But C-F-M.com is OUT OF STOCK of the off road pipe. I found a down pipe in ebay (( link below ))for the ST 170 which I believe that down pipe is what we know by Off road pipe ORP, and my questions are …

> Does this ST 170 down pipe is going to fit in my SVT as a ORP ?
> Does this turn on the check engine light ? How can I prevent this ?
> Can someone with administrator privileges change my username from MotreX to MoltreX ?

My plan is to upgrade to ORP, also a Borla exhaust and maybe a Diablo Predator Flash Tuner … what you think ? breaking the 200 HP border ?

The question are important.
Thank You for your time … Any ideas are welcome.

link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-FOCUS-ST170-DECAT-DOWNPIPE_W0QQitemZ190279129426QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item190279129426&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:4|65:12|39:1|240:1318

·
Registered
717 Posts
The ST170 pipe should work just fine with the SVT. If you are ordering from UK the Shipping will be huge. I have ordered from there before and a very small package was $20 shipping.

I believe CFM should have the ORP back in stock very soon.

The ORP I believe turns on the CEL. A tune will cure this.

As for getting 200 hp. You can go S/C or Turbo. A tune, exhaust, and ORP will get you about 5-10 hp more.

·
Regulator...mount up
3,026 Posts
My plan is to upgrade to ORP, also a Borla exhaust and maybe a Diablo Predator Flash Tuner … what you think ? breaking the 200 HP border ?
in one word...NO. However this exhaust setup+ tom's tune package will add to the response/drivability of the car and HP/TQ throughout da SVT powerband. BTW ORP= loud & raspy I have one and like it but it isn't the cleanest or cleanest sounding mod for the car; its mean as hell though[deviltail] To eliminate the CEL u need to plug the rear O2 to an eliminator i believe theres a HOW TO write up round here or u could probably find one in the sales forum. From the picture on the link it basically looks like a ceramic coated ORP I don't know i guess if you're really itchin for one & can't wait for CFM to move their a$$e$ [paranoid] then take the plunge its a pretty cool mod [thumb]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I though it was like:

7 hp for the ORP
10-15 hp for borla exhaust
10-15 hp diablo predator

around 200hp in the engine...

??????????????????????????

any one have try to mount the st 170 down pipe to a SVT ...

need more support to feel confident :D ...

·
Registered
531 Posts
i had a orp from cfm, looks the same to me. dunno if the guy will ship to US but if i did the conversion to US dollars correct his is cheaper for the part then cfm.

·
Registered
531 Posts
just did the conversion on yahoo in US dollars it will cost 114.62 for the OFR without shipping.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I though it was like:

7 hp for the ORP
10-15 hp for borla exhaust
10-15 hp diablo predator

around 200hp in the engine...

??????????????????????????

any one have try to mount the st 170 down pipe to a SVT ...

need more support to feel confident :D ...
No, unfortunately it's not that simple, The ORP will gain you the most power, probably 6-8 and fatten the midrange well. The Borla really doesn't add anything power wise, combined with the ORP maybe another 1-2 HP, but sounds a LOT better. A predator will gain a few hp and tq but increase driveability. Think the most you can expect from the tuner is 6-8hp, despite what they claim.

So best case scenario, you'd gain around 12-16 hp at the engine, probably dyno mid 150s at the wheels.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Its more like...

7whp/10wtq for the ORP
1-2whp/wtq for the Borla MAYBE
3-4whp for the tune (on top of everything else.... more for the tune by itself if you had no other mods)

BUT those are peak numbers... with the tune alone there are places that you pick up closer to 15whp/wtq... but its not at the peak.. its under the curve.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It seems that I need much more to learn about mods … is not that simple like Forza Motor Sport. So bedside all this gain of 12-14whp for like $1,000 plus installation… is this a good move for me to upgrade this … I have a aem intake that’s my only performance mod. I’m like few clicks away to order all this stuff to Puerto Rico and make justice in the name of Ford Focus SVT in the island… Again is this a good move ?…

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
The car will be immensely more enjoyable with these mods. Will you still get your butt handed to you in a straight line by cars like an RSX-S and Civic Si...of course, but the focus is a car for the corners, and this will make driving it that much better. If you are hell bent on having "moar powerrrrrrr" then don't but any of this yet, and look for someone selling an ATI Procharger or Jackson Racing SC in the for sale sections. There is probably one or two for sale right now as we speak

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Keep in mind you may only see 10-14whp at PEAK but you'll have quite a bit more in the lower rpms.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Since you have an intake already, you can also match that up with a CFM 67mm throttle body. It doesn't really give you any horsepower, but the throttle response is awsome. You will notice a big difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts