Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a focus svt that had a recent clutch replacement but needed the main seals to be replaced. I drove it home 3 hours with no problems. Took it apart replaced the seals and a bunch of other "while you are in there" items, also replaced the oil soaked clutch disc with an identical disc made by luk. Got it all together and blew out the clutch master cylinder by pressing too hard on the clutch pedal when it was stiff. I read through a bunch of posts and saw some things like maybe the disc was in backwards or the pressure plate had broken fingers. I took it all back apart to verify. Clutch disc is in the correct way "f/w side" markings on the disc towards the flywheel and the pressure plate is in good shape, no broken fingers, low mileage on the pressure plate. It is all back together again(with new master and slave cylinders) and I have come to the same problem, very stiff clutch pedal near the bottom of the range(I am not pressing through this time) and it will not allow the clutch to engage, not able to get in to gears, etc.

Any ideas on what is going on?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts