Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i justed installed a new clutch and flywheel through a shop. i had them put in a clutch master stage 3 clutch and aluminum flywheel. when the car is in neutral and the clutch is disengaged. it make a chattering noise. they told me that normal. is that true????

·
what it be like
6,381 Posts
ive heard that chatter is normal with alot of aftermarket clutch kits....i cant stand chatter which is why I would stick with the OEM Ford pieces

·
Registered
78 Posts
clutch noise

The aluminum FW is solid and is noisy, I keep the clutch pedal depressed.

The noise is normal, sounds kinda like gears.

Dirtbrown, chatter is a vibration while first starting out, you will ocasionally experience this as well with this setup. brat was asking about a noise at idle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks. i only used that cluch cuz i plan on running a 100 shot of NOs and they told me it will hold up. just waiting for the clutch t break in before i add it on. thanks for the answer

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Yea it's normal, a bit annoying but normal.

Welcome to the Forums by the way, if you have any other performance questions, check out the SVT performance chat or if you have questions about your nitrous set up, check out Forced Induction chat. [thumb]

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
My stocker has been chattering since I got it..just a little bit when it's in neutral and disengaged. I've heard it's a super common problem.

·
Registered
808 Posts
[welcome] to FF

[cheers]

·
Registered
93 Posts
i have the oem stock clutch as well, and it chatters too. only while it is in neutral. i am guessing it might be the throw out bearing. oh well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts