Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, had a question and was looking to get some input. I’m looking to see what year range of shocks/struts will fit what? More specifically, I have a 2012 SE and was curious to see if 2014 suspension fits? And does ST suspension work for SE, or are they a different set up? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but, this is what I learned while doing some research into lowering springs for my '14 Focus:

At some point in the 14 model year, Ford made a small change to the front strut & spring design. The bottom of the front springs and the corresponding spring perch on the struts has a slightly different shape than the 12 & 13 model years. However, the rest of the strut shape is the same and you can fit struts from any mk3 year into any other mk3 year so long as you use the matching springs. The rear schocks and springs are the same for all mk3 years.

The front ST suspension would fit, but the rear shocks are different. I think the springs are the same shape. However, the spring rates are different because the overall weight and weight balance is different between the STs and mk3s. I think a few guys here tried using ST lowering springs in their mk3s and their cars ended up with silly nose-up rakes because the front didn't drop and the rear did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts