Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iv got motor craft for the dogbone and the psm the only after market one I have is the trans mount. It only viberates 3 seconds in to taking off from a stop and when I'm coming to a stop

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doesnt do it when I'm in neutral on the gas or in park. It only does it when I'm in drive. That's what's not making any sense

·
Registered
844 Posts
I doesnt do it when I'm in neutral on the gas or in park. It only does it when I'm in drive. That's what's not making any sense
Makes perfect sense as that is when the mounts are under load. Try loosening all 3 mounts at the body side for the passenger and drivers side and the dogbone at the subframe., Rock the engine back and forth a few times by pushing and pulling on the valve cover. Eyeball the engine from the drivers and passenger side and make sure that it is straight across in the engine compartment. Retighten the 4 nuts on top of the transmission and then.the passenger side. Then the the anti roll mount underneath.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, i did that the other night and that's what's weird my buddy has an st and that's who told me to do it and make sure the engines straight which I did. It just doesn't make any sense. Could something else because causing my viberates and take off and slow down? This is my first focus and iv got alot of money into it and this is one problem I just cant figure out. Coukd that aftermarket transmission mount be what's causing the viberation

·
Registered
110 Posts
I bet its that aftermarket trans mount. It may have a design that vibrates more than oem. Their not quality parts. And make sure you torqued the mounts to oem spec.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yeah always torque to spec, it's really weird though because itll do it sometimes through out the day and sometimes it wont and at night time when I have my lights on it goes hard in the paint. But only when slowing down to a stop and taking off. Other then that my mounts are pretty much brandnew. Will the viberation actually hurt anything

·
Registered
110 Posts
Personally, I'd run the mount until it dies. I don't think it will hurt anything unless it's pretty extreme and doesn't feel right.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's only upon take of and slow down and today I got my tires rotated front to the back and back to the front, god only knows when the last time that happened was but now whenever I turn and I come back out of that turn my steering wheel has a very noticeable choppy movement. Is that just because the back tires were there for so long or is something off with the rotates

·
Registered
774 Posts
It's only upon take of and slow down and today I got my tires rotated front to the back and back to the front, god only knows when the last time that happened was but now whenever I turn and I come back out of that turn my steering wheel has a very noticeable choppy movement. Is that just because the back tires were there for so long or is something off with the rotates
Yep the tires have a pattern worn in them.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stuff my ass and call me a Turkey. That's messed up because my mechanic said that it had nothing to do with my tires and I cant see any weird wear patterns all. Is this just something someone cant see by eye unless it's really bad. So I sucked all my power steering fluid out and put new in which believe it or not there really wasn't much to suck out of the resivor but to find out its pattern wear on my tires. I had one brandnew one in the back and an old one that has probably been on the car for years which is probably what caused it. Why couldn't I feel it when the tires were in the back

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why does it only do it coming out of turns rather then going into them as well thats what I'm confused about and Will it just eventually wear back in or should I throw the fronts back in the back

·
Registered
774 Posts
I don't fully understand why they do what they do. But I have enough experience rotating tires to know that you can experience some negative things after the rotation. You can try putting the tires back if you want to, to see if that solves your problem.

·
Registered
774 Posts
You are always going to have the best ride experience when you have good matching tires on the same axle.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, be ause one of the tires is new up front and the others not so that's probably where my issues coming from because these tires have pretty back stress cracks in certain areas and this prob9didnt accrue until this. Have you ever experienced a choppy steering wheel movement after rotating tires that have been in the same spot for a long time or experienced something like I am? I'd imagine that if I switched them back it would go back to the way it rode before hand but I feel like its probably better if I just get new tires at this point

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I feel like that damage is done. So might as well rectify it. Is the only reason I didnt feel that choppiness before was because the tires in the back were in a different way then the ones up front. I watch the guy balance my tires as well and he got them all zeroed out so it couldn't be that

1 - 20 of 26 Posts