Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, I have an '05 Focus with a 2.0 and this car, since November, has given me nothing but problems. I've gotten a ton of electrical related codes for the TPS and the FRS, and now engine running lean and now the P2004 code has popped up along with a P0068, which is a discrepancy between the MAF and the TPS.
I'd fixed a massive vacuum leak at the PCV valve, but I'm still getting the same code set. I've checked for more vac leaks and I couldn't find any leaks and vacuum seems to be anywhere from 17-18hg. I've begun checking the IMRC solenoid. The 2 vac lines look good going to it, and I unplugged 1 and the clacking at the manifold went away. Today I checked that solenoid with a voltimeter. Ground was good, but I'm getting no power, and if I do it's like .01 volts. I even opened the throttle up and no reading.
However in an attempt to try and get a better connection, I'd set a piece of wire into the connector and I wrapped the other end around the positive test lead; I must have touched something because I blew the engine management fuse. So that would tell me it's getting power right? What are your thoughts? I was thinking of changing the solenoid and see if that took care of the P2004 code and the hissing sound I'm hearing at partial throttle. What do you guys think? I'm kind of nearing my wits end chasing Gremlins in this car. Thank you. I know this was long winded.

·
Registered
32 Posts
for p2004 need to check both ends of vac lines other wise need to take of intake to inspect flaps on ports...

for p0068 possible from issue above

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The vac lines are in good shape coming off the solenoid, also just replaced the solenoid from a recently junked car.
When the car is off I can move the arm for the flaps up and down, so they're not broken, when the car is on, you can't move the arm at all, so I'm assuming that's normal. But what I find odd, is that when I apply throttle, I'm getting 0v or .1V on the solenoid line. I just removed the intake to reseat the PCV line, in an effort to fix this issue, and the flaps seemed in good shape. I really don't want to have to remove it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts