Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have a focus st225. When I get to about 70mph the steering wheel slightly shakes, I've replaced driveshafts, track rod ends, droplinks, lower arms and balanced the front wheels and the wobble is still there. Didn't know if any else has had this issue and what was the issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i have a focus st225. When I get to about 70mph the steering wheel slightly shakes, I've replaced driveshafts, track rod ends, droplinks, lower arms and balanced the front wheels and the wobble is still there. Didn't know if any else has had this issue and what was the issue?
I have exactly the same, to date having changed shafts, balanced wheels and swapped wheels front to back. I'm fully poly'd so doing shocks, top mounts, uprated drop links and track rod ends on Monday. This said a thread on another forum suggests another common issue is a failing steering rack, which often transmits a rhythmic vibration at speed.. I'm not entirely convinced.

I'm beginning to think as they have got older nearly all old ST 225s have an inherent wobble :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts