Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is my first post so please be gentle. As of Saturday I am the proud owner of a 2002 Focus ST170. I am extremaly pleased with the car so far, but just have one quick question if anyone can help....

I've noticed that my brake and clutch pedals just have standard rubber pads on them rather than the aluminium pedals. Can anyone tell me how the aluminium pedals are connected as standard? In other words are they pads that clip on, or is the arm and pedal all one piece that I would need to buy and have fitted?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
248 Posts
hi mate, [welcome] [ffrocks] i've probably pinched yours ,cos i'ved modded these on my focus zetec esp 2002 uk. ha ha . the brake & clutch come straight off ,cos they pull off , pull from top of pedal. as for the accellarater pedal ,their are 3 nylock 10mm nuts & the cable slides off thru slit in top of pedal but you need to pull the cable towards you with the rubber grommit & slide it. i paid £ 60 used inc posted & fitted myself. i'm not far from you on other end of M62 JNCT25 brigg/dewsbury. will give you more details .pm me for help. yunii

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184588

see thi site,although i can get it cheaper due to ffoc discount

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/st170_accelerator_pedal_and_pedal_pads_51.htm

or buy used from here, this is where i got mine

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/98-04-FOCUS-S...14&_trkparms=72:1301|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318

theres two on ebay the one above is buy it now, but other is a bid try bid the auction off less than the above. i hope this helps ,when you receice your pedals & need help pm me. yunii

·
Registered
248 Posts
post your pics. show us your ride

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
post your pics. show us your ride
Hi Yunii, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm already watching the two you
mentioned on ebay, I just wanted to check that I'll be able to just take
the pads off, rather than fit the whole piece. Thanks for confirming, if
I get stuck I'll drop you a pm!

I gave the Ford garage a ring and they wanted £35 + vat for each pad!
What a rip off.

I've only had the car since Saturday and was gonna take some pics, but
it was dark bythe time I'd finished cleaning it, so I'll take some this
weekend and post them up.

Your car looks very tidy, love the chrome vents! Need to get myself some
mats before I let the kids near mine....

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hi Yunii, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm already watching the two you
mentioned on ebay, I just wanted to check that I'll be able to just take
the pads off, rather than fit the whole piece. Thanks for confirming, if
I get stuck I'll drop you a pm!

I gave the Ford garage a ring and they wanted £35 + vat for each pad!
What a rip off.

I've only had the car since Saturday and was gonna take some pics, but
it was dark bythe time I'd finished cleaning it, so I'll take some this
weekend and post them up.

Your car looks very tidy, love the chrome vents! Need to get myself some
mats before I let the kids near mine....
hi mat, the pads, brake & clutch come off easily ,but the speed pedal is a bit more awnkward but managable,i think a bit of patience will be more needed.
the brake &clutch pedal you lift &pull from upper part of the pedal towards you. the fitting of this is slip in bottom onto the metal part of pedal . get em bought cos they're hard get used cos its a popular mod so it sells rapidly .yunii .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi mat, the pads, brake & clutch come off easily ,but the speed pedal is a bit more awnkward but managable,i think a bit of patience will be more needed.
the brake &clutch pedal you lift &pull from upper part of the pedal towards you. the fitting of this is slip in bottom onto the metal part of pedal . get em bought cos they're hard get used cos its a popular mod so it sells rapidly .yunii .
My accelarator pedal is the normal st alloy one so I don't need to worry about that, it's just the brake and clutch pads I need. Hopefully going to get the auction one that ends on Sunday if it doesn't go too high, if not I'll get the 'buy it now' one you linked.

·
Registered
248 Posts
hi, thats ok then just 5mins job, sell the accellarater pedal off after. yunii

1 - 8 of 8 Posts