·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be there with a camera...

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile Awesome, kyle, looking forward to all your press and any information you can let out of the bag for us lol.

·
Registered
318 Posts
You guys are luckyy.

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
Sorry, looks like there was an update at 2:07 am...

Update: 2012 Ford Focus ST to debut in Frankfurt, not Detroit
The Dearborn-based automaker has issued a press release that said the high-performance 2012 Focus ST model would be on-hand at this weekend’s Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit – but what they really meant was that the concept would be available, not the actual production model. Instead, Ford has clarified that the production Focus ST will debut at the upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show.

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dang... Well it'll be there to see at least...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
You'd think Ford would rather debut a new Focus right in their home state.
But, the Frankfurt auto show will get a lot more attention. At least you'll be able to see the concept.

I was really hoping we wouldn't have to wait a whole month for more info on the ST. A month is a long time when you've been looking forward to something!

·
coooookie monster
7,570 Posts
my neighbor had an st with that same paint camo last week in his driveway....if its there again im going to his front door haha

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
my neighbor had an st with that same paint camo last week in his driveway....if its there again im going to his front door haha
I'd have been pestering him about it from the moment I saw it in his driveway. [ohcrap]

I've been looking forward to the reveal so much that I made this.

A countdown widget.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I really hope that it isn't disappointing. It is sounding like it is a watered down RS because "Americans don't want hot hatches".

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really hope that it isn't disappointing. It is sounding like it is a watered down RS because "Americans don't want hot hatches".
Where do you get that? Its going to be faster than the last ST from Europe was, and the ST is always lower performance than the RS. ST = GTI or MS3, RS = VW R20, Audi S3 type territory.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Where do you get that? Its going to be faster than the last ST from Europe was, and the ST is always lower performance than the RS. ST = GTI or MS3, RS = VW R20, Audi S3 type territory.

Posted via FF Mobile Exactly, of course its going to be a watered down RS, it isnt an RS or its succesor. Its the next ST so itll be better then that.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
What I mean is I hope it doesn't end up being a disappointment because it IS a watered down RS and which we won't be getting.

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What I mean is I hope it doesn't end up being a disappointment because it IS a watered down RS and which we won't be getting.
You have no basis for this statement, as the RS hasn't even been unveiled yet, so you don't know we aren't getting it. And don't even bring up the MKII RS, which is out of production, and of course we didn't get that, we didn't get that focus at all.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I am of the opinion that due to estimated price point and track record we will not be getting the RS. I would be pleasantly surprised if I was proven wrong.

Even though it is a global platform, we aren't getting the three door (which is my favorite layout) and it is not impossible that we wouldn't get other model varients.

It is speculation, but my gut tells me it isn't coming.

Which is why I'm hoping that the ST isn't a disappointment. Hopefully it sells well enough to make Ford realize there is a market segment.

·
NeedsMoarEverything
11,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am of the opinion that due to estimated price point and track record we will not be getting the RS. I would be pleasantly surprised if I was proven wrong.

Even though it is a global platform, we aren't getting the three door (which is my favorite layout) and it is not impossible that we wouldn't get other model varients.

It is speculation, but my gut tells me it isn't coming.

Which is why I'm hoping that the ST isn't a disappointment. Hopefully it sells well enough to make Ford realize there is a market segment.
Guess you haven't read or heard much of what has come out of Jost Capito's mouth, but he has stated multiple times, that any performance focus would be a 'true global" performance focus, meaning that the U.S. would get it. You are speculating on speculations of price. So that's a guess based on a guess? Either way, our ST will be identical to the European one. The last generation ST was regarded as better than the GTI in most tests in Europe, and did well in many tuner shoot outs. If we were given the MKII ST as our car, I'd be happy, but we're getting the new one.

That being said, talking about a watered down ST makes no sense. The first ST was 170hp, (the SVT Focus in the U.S.) The second was 227hp, (basically a C30 with better suspension.) The third is going to be 247hp, with even more goodies.

Watered down = Does not make sense.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Guess you haven't read or heard much of what has come out of Jost Capito's mouth, but he has stated multiple times, that any performance focus would be a 'true global" performance focus, meaning that the U.S. would get it. You are speculating on speculations of price. So that's a guess based on a guess? Either way, our ST will be identical to the European one. The last generation ST was regarded as better than the GTI in most tests in Europe, and did well in many tuner shoot outs. If we were given the MKII ST as our car, I'd be happy, but we're getting the new one.

That being said, talking about a watered down ST makes no sense. The first ST was 170hp, (the SVT Focus in the U.S.) The second was 227hp, (basically a C30 with better suspension.) The third is going to be 247hp, with even more goodies.

Watered down = Does not make sense.
Why exactly are you so offended by me having an opinion?

We've agreed that the ST is a watered down version of the RS. It is minus the revoknuckle, it is lower powered, it will not have the same interior trim level. All of that is because of where it fits into the product line.

I'm hoping that the ST is not a disappointment because I want Ford to recognize that there is a market segment for a hot hatch. I want the RS to come out in America, because it would hopefully be coming out right around the time that I would be looking at a new car and that is the one that I want.

I am just not counting on it. If the ST comes out and sells poorly, or heaven forbid has build quality issues, then it makes the chances even slimmer.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts