Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has ever tried this? I think it would be really cool since they make recaros with blue inserts that would match my car. Is this possible or would the swap not work? I am just wondering for future upgrades.

-John

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,828 Posts
I have heard the new Focus ST seats are too wide for the older Focus but the Fiesta ST seats are said to fit. It would take some modification more than likely to bolt them in and get them working correctly.

·
FUBARCUS
2003 ZX3 2016 FoST
7,828 Posts
Do they make fiesta ST recaro seats with the blue inserts? Any ideas where to find them if they do make them? I think this would be sweet!
I believe this has been done before. IIRC it involved custom brackets and everything not worth the time/effort IMO.
As stated you would have to fabricate custom mounting brackets to make the seats from a FiST fit a Mk1 focus. I have not paid much attention the the FiST community so I couldn't tell you if they did blue inserts or not.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I own a FiST and no blue inserts. They all have the standard gray colored inserts for the FiST Racaro seats.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,172 Posts
It was done with FoST seats Vincent. But yes the seat rail was reused from the Focus SVT/Standard seats. Last I heard he got it to fit.

We will let Roger use his talents to find the thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have heard the new Focus ST seats are too wide for the older Focus but the Fiesta ST seats are said to fit. It would take some modification more than likely to bolt them in and get them working correctly.
If focus rs seats fit a fiesta st and fiesta st seats fit an svt. Maybe I’m onto something, I’ve looked at the seat brackets, all 4 bolts are facing the same direction (down) and all 4 turn off the bracket in the same direction. I wonder if slight modification/ drilling would make them fit with st factory rails. I’ve been seeing people say problems with fitment, my measurements could be wrong, but if you turn around the center council or delete it, they will fit. Gives room to swap an rs center console into it. Any thoughts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts