Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I recently purchased a 08 focus st, loving the car except one annoying thing I noticed. Last week I could smell mould in the boot area, after inspection all under the boot mat was damp! Long enough to have mould all under the mat and the side carpet.
I have since had everything out of the boot and the left side carpet out to dry and this is where I discovered the drops of water. Coming from just under the light cluster. I have a picture below of where it's coming from, the right hand side is dry. I've had the rear light off and put sealant around the grommets to no avail. There's a bit of insulation foam on the inside of the plastic under the light in the boot and it gets soaked full of water. I have been using it to tell if the leak is still coming through after drying it out. After trying that I just don't know where it's coming from, reading around it could be the grommets, welds, rear washer or a number of other things.

Does anyone recommend anything or could point me in the right direction of the leak?
Many thanks

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Might want to update your Avatar info., shows USA when i think it should show U.K..

Need someone from where that was sold for the best answers, not avail. over here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts