Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With this kit. does the EVERYTHING come with it that you need. or will i have to by extra things. and im talking does it come with everything. like nuts bolts connectors whatever you need to to install it. and do i HAVE to get exhaust. i hate the bumble bee exhaust. but i kno i might HAVE to have it. but is there ways to get around it without sacrificing hp. so give me your advice on what i will need to get the most out of a turbo. and im on a budget so dont suggest anything that isnt that necessary and will break me.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
turbo back exhaust don't bumblebee...they sorta sound like (depending on the model) either a whirring/mean or a tractor.

and yes everything come with it for a bolt-on except tools

and moving you to FI chat

·
Registered
11,906 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The turbo comes complete with all parts needed to make it run. The exhuast is up to you. It will still run fine, but you might be loosing a few hp. So the exhuast will be up to you, if you want to spend the cash now or later. When you do end up buying one just make sure it is a 2.5" exhuast.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
it does come with everything you need. i installed mine in a weekend.

and you can use the stock exhaust. but youll be making less power. there wont be a bumble bee sound if you get a different exhaust. with no cats it will have a little pop pop more than with a cat though. i have a a trubendz 2.5inch exhaust with a magnaflow muffler and high flow cat and im still making good power. check out www.youtube.com/w8lifter1265 and go to turbo exhaust and you can hear mine. make sure you have good bass though because regular speakers dont do it justice.. lol

·
Fins Up!
4,843 Posts
mine sounds just like johns only a little louder on the dyno b/c of my open wastegate

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
I have the 3" trubendz with magnaflow and a resonator. Can't hear my turbo as much as others but its nice being a little more quiet.

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
why do i need to upgrade the clutch. i jus installed a oem clutch from focussport not 2 months ago. i jus purchased the turbo. but if i have to get another clutch that is gonna make me mad cuz i jus spent like 600 installing the new clutch.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Because you'll be making alot more power.......

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok i jus purchased the turbo stage 2 from focussport. but some how i posted 2 of these threads. can someone delete the other one please. and o by the way another guy said i will need to upgrade my clutch. i jus installed a oem clutch not 2 months ago. will that not work?? and o ya i have plenty of bass. 2 12in diamond audio d9s.

·
Turbo Freak
2,193 Posts
and

Because you'll be making alot more power.......
stock one may not hold up with that power
you can see how long you can run on it until it goes, or upgrade and sell the stock one.
up 2 u tho...

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i didnt kno you could sell a used clutch. does anybody want it?? i have the paper work when it was installed and how many miles was on it and i have only put 337 miles on it since. and i was told from ford that i had to have a break in period of 500 miles. so i havent even got on it at all. so who ever wants it can pm me. but anyway. i cant wait for the turbo. there are alot of people i want to blow the doors off of when i get it. alot of focus haters around here.

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lookin at the exhaust right now. i like the sound of streetracers car. so imma have to pick me up a true blends. and magnaflow. but i could remove the cat from the picture. but would that cause any harm? i have no problem getting my car inspected because i work at a dealer. but would it be louder or what? would you guys recommend me keeping or trashing the cat?

·
Banned
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
and i want to have a big sound for the bov is it really loud from focus sport or will i need to get another one?

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
No 'bumblebee" here..........

3"turbo back, no cats, Flo-Pro full race muffler
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4853511031963559274

And how it sounds on the dyno... and yes thats my car!!!!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8996644279375799159&hl=en
Just to compare 3" Exhaust's

Here is mine (Homemade)

3" Straight back no Muffler or CAT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptiEBaP6dIw&feature=channel_page

3" With High-Flo CAT and Magnaflow Muffler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMJKzamE-NY&feature=channel_page

A dyno with Turbo and Stock Exhaust.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YajOLooPtE&feature=channel_page

·
Registered
656 Posts
i didnt kno you could sell a used clutch. does anybody want it?? i have the paper work when it was installed and how many miles was on it and i have only put 337 miles on it since. and i was told from ford that i had to have a break in period of 500 miles. so i havent even got on it at all. so who ever wants it can pm me. but anyway. i cant wait for the turbo. there are alot of people i want to blow the doors off of when i get it. alot of focus haters around here.
If you got the Exedy OE Clutch Kit then you might be ok. I thought you still had the stocker my stock clutch with 15,000 easy miles on it started sliping 3 days after installing the stage 2 turbo.I have the Exedy stage 2 clutch im geting installed in a couple weeks.

·
Registered
656 Posts
and i want to have a big sound for the bov is it really loud from focus sport or will i need to get another one?
The Bosch diverter valve it comes with is not loud.When you order the kit tell them you want to upgrade they have a few different options.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts