Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have the FS blower for the zetec? How is it? does it whine? how is the power? is it a good kit?
I'v been looking at this kit, and giving the price, and FS usually does a good job on quality, i have been thinking about it.
So any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks
Chris

·
Slow n lifted
10,570 Posts
It doesnt whine as it is s centrifical supercharger not a roots type.

power not sure i think somewhere in the 190 to 210 fwhp

someone with it should chime in hopefully or post in the focussport thread

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
It doesnt whine as it is s centrifical supercharger not a roots type.

power not sure i think somewhere in the 190 to 210 fwhp

someone with it should chime in hopefully or post in the focussport thread

itll hum at idle...depending on the blower.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Does anybody have the FS blower for the zetec? How is it? does it whine? how is the power? is it a good kit?
I'v been looking at this kit, and giving the price, and FS usually does a good job on quality, i have been thinking about it.
So any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks
Chris
they have a few different dyno sheets at FS:

DYNO'S

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I was pretty unimpressed by the video of the stage III kit. for a vortech type, that should be able to produce more power.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
He acts like that Ja-red guy that got banned

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So as much as i like the turbo idea, i just dont see whats so wrong with a blower.
My buddy has a powerworks on his svt, and it totally kicks ass. I love it, the sound, the power.
I just dont see the advantage for getting a turbo.
Plus, focus sport doesn't make a turbo set up for the zetec, and i really dont want to have to rely on some other company thats not near me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Read these posts.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174755

It should help you decide whether or not to go Supercharger or Turbo. More specifically read this

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145826

It will lay out benefits of both types of FI, list limitations on boost with stock engine, and parts to upgrade when going above certain amounts of PSI.

And last, but not least here is a list of the different kits and what people think about them:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118903

Hope this helps.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
So as much as i like the turbo idea, i just dont see whats so wrong with a blower.
My buddy has a powerworks on his svt, and it totally kicks ass. I love it, the sound, the power.
Plus, focus sport doesn't make a turbo set up for the zetec, and i really dont want to have to rely on some other company thats not near me.
Understandable but until you ride in a turbo Focus you wont ever know the advantages , things like more TQ , adjustability of boost either more or less , ease of install ,the BOV and much more

A turbo will run circles around a SC

Tom

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Understandable but until you ride in a turbo Focus you wont ever know the advantages , things like more TQ , adjustability of boost either more or less , ease of install ,the BOV and much more

A turbo will run circles around a SC

Tom

I have been in both cars and like Tom says it is night and day. Some might say you have lag with a turbo, but if you have a properly size turbo you get boost immediately. As soon as I step on the guy at highway speeds in my car I instantly have 5-6lbs of boost and continue to build from there very fast!

The biggest thing to look at are you goals. If you want to be stuck with low boost then go supercharger, if you want the ability to grow go with a turbo.

Do yourself a favor and find someone with a turbo focus and take a ride.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
nothing is wrong with a blower, just that blower you mentioned.

The PWSC kit is one of the best superchargers for the Focus, but Tom is right, turbo will get the most power out of a focus.

since the PW kit is no longer made, you can get a DIY turbo for rather inexpensive cost.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nothing is wrong with a blower, just that blower you mentioned.

The PWSC kit is one of the best superchargers for the Focus, but Tom is right, turbo will get the most power out of a focus.

since the PW kit is no longer made, you can get a DIY turbo for rather inexpensive cost.
So im all for the DIY turbo idea, but how much is inexpensive? and what do i do about getting it tuned?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts