Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I did a search before posting my question and the what I came across was the following thread about the ST brace from FS; http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/...=How+to+install+Focus+Sport+strut+tower+brace

Anyway, I received my brace and finally, I've gotten some time to install the thing. Well, I got all 4 required bolts loose on the strut towers and layed the brace down onto the bolt holes. Wouldn't you know it, I have one out of 3 bolts that lined up and the other is off by about an 1/8 inch. So, the above post that I found pretty much stated that this is a simple straight install. I wish that were true in my case but it isn't. Go figure. I don't know if the part is off or its the car but I keep hearing how I shouldn't need to jack up the motor. Is there something else that I'm missing? Someone know of another way to do this besides jack up the motor. I don't have a jack lying around to do that. Also, I don't care to loosen the motor mounts anyway.

I'm open to suggestions. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
you talking about the strut bar? i bought one for my duratec, dont know about the diff in the too, but you kinda gotta push and force it on there, to make sure its tight. wouldnt work too well if it just set on there with no tension:p

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
Did you jack and support the front of the car, taking the load off of the suspension? With the load off the suspension you can move the bolts slightly, and that might be enough to get them to line up with the brace.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SkaAddict said:
Did you jack and support the front of the car, taking the load off of the suspension? With the load off the suspension you can move the bolts slightly, and that might be enough to get them to line up with the brace.
I'll try your suggestion and hope that it will be enough to allow me to get all 4 bolt holes lined up so that I can screw this thing on. Thanks. [:)]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts