Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dad and I just got the Focus Sport header I actually got used from the classifieds on these forums on last weekend. Just thought I would put up a couple pictures, of it all installed. I must say it was awful getting on [?|] , mainly because of the EGR, being in the way every step of taking off the stock manifold/cat, and installing the header. The header itself slid right into place, once we bent the EGR out of the way [hatchet] . I also have the Focus Sport 2.5" flex but it is pretty rough as an extra bung was added to that, so I thought I would just leave the stock flex on for now. Before you say anything, I know I know, I'm not getting the full benefit because of the stock flex, but for ease of installation we just left it on. The best part of all this though was that it actually made a noticable increase in power! [clap] Well torque anyway, at least from the butt dyno I can't tell if there is any horsepower difference, but I will just assume there is an addition of some kind [doorpeek]. Anyways enough of me talking here are a few picture, I might be able to get some more up soon, and maybe even a sound clip if we are lucky, although the camera didn't really like the last trip to the sand dunes.....

Don't mind the cardboard on the battery...

Needs a little cleaning up

Thanks for looking! [thumb]

·
Registered
891 Posts
Looks good. That extra bung my mechanic added can fit a wide-band, just an FYI.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah hopefully I can get the flex on soon, not that it will be noticable but it would be nice to get on just to "complete" the kit

·
Registered
334 Posts
Oh yeah! Very jealous. Bet she pulls like a beotch now!

Can't wait to get my SVT header on

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Looks good. That extra bung my mechanic added can fit a wide-band, just an FYI.
no...MY MECHANIC added that bung. [chair]

and it fit the Innovate Motorsports wideband VERY well.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Plug the extra bung with a plug

I do not know what thread size that an O2 sensor uses, but I have seen plugs that were made to fit O2 sensor bungs....I had one come in a kit with an old K&N A/F gauge.

You could then install your flex pipe and run it till you get a A/F meter.

I hope this helps.

Tony D

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh really? I was looking around the garage for something that size, although I quickly realized that I wouldn't be able to find anything. Although my dad is a machinist so I think he is planning on making a plug here soon. Although I guess I am not sure on exactly what a a/f meter is or does? I guess I just always thought it was only used in the situation where FI was used?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Oh really? I was looking around the garage for something that size, although I quickly realized that I wouldn't be able to find anything. Although my dad is a machinist so I think he is planning on making a plug here soon. Although I guess I am not sure on exactly what a a/f meter is or does? I guess I just always thought it was only used in the situation where FI was used?
is measures the air to fuel. with the gauge you will be able to see if the car runs lean or rich.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, yeah I thought about that for a second and realized that, although I guess I didn't realize that you simply have a gauge directly to the sensor, which I suppose you don't REALLY need unless you are going FI correct? I suppose the Xcal gives me a little adjustment but not much without the software and the knowhow ha

·
Registered
471 Posts
I was wondering about the EGR port in the header. Was it custom made ??? I don't think those headers come with an EGR opening.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The header and flex were $300 shipped, so that worked pretty well. At least just looking on the focus sport site I believe they come with the egr port, actually I just looked and you can just barely see it ha....

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah dude, I went on K&N's website and tried to find the biggest one that would fit ha and ordered it at the local autoparts store, ha. I was hoping it would make it louder, but eh, not so much, whatev it looks sick haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts