Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry this probably should be put in suspension... but i figure i'd get a quicker answer and would be viewed more here....but anyways

i was bored and had money, so i decided to order the focus sport 2.3/2.0 duratec front upper stress bar. got it powdercoated red since its on sale and is a lot cheaper than the ceramic coated. so what kind of difference does it make? can you actually feel any? on my cobalt the only stress bar available sucked and didnt make much of a difference. btw what actually does it do? kinda new to modding other than intake and exhaust. i just know it will look pretty in my engine bay :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
From what i've heard the stress bar doesn't really do much, at least not in our cars its more like engine dress up.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Not true!
The Strut Tower Brace stiffens up the front end so there is less flex in the body.
This keeps your front tires square to the road surface during hard cornering.

It's true you wont feel much difference driving around town but on the twisties... big difference!
With the SVT Suspension and the Strut Tower Brace I can corner as quickly as my friends all wheel drive Porsche!

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
I disagree. I had one on and off of my old Focus (with H&R Sport springs and Koni Yellows), and never noticed the difference at autocross.

All its good for it looking pretty, and giving you something to lean on while working on the engine.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^^
QFT!

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
i would think that it makes a difference i mean if it really didnt would u see it in every drag car out there. because i know i do. if u have 800 hp and oyur body wants to twist this bar helps you to stay str8. it makes sense

·
☼
7,494 Posts
I know mine does a little, I had to really work it together for it to fit.. it wasn't just a simple slide on. I know I felt a difference.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Algorhythm said:
Matt you have to quote something to QFT...
[thumb]
QFT!

(is that better, ASS?!?! LOL.. jk)

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
what does QFT mean? I noticed a difference in my car with the brace....when I accelerate out of the apex I don't get as much wheel spin on the inside tire!

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i said it before and i'll say it again (7th time i think...?...) i did my first autocross stock, next event i had my strut bar on (fs knockoff though - same thing), but i noticed a big difference going through the tight turns. [:D]

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sweet. the only one i wouldnt think that would help much would be the rear upper stress bar. but like i said i'm new to it so i have no idea. but we arent rear wheel drive

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
I think it may make a difference on which one(manufacturer) you get and if the front end of the Focus can benefit from it.

Unless someone has done some scientific testing, the butt dyno posts are nothing more than a placebo effect on your imagination.

I did find this though on the Merkur(Ford europe) strut bat testing.
Click here

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
new edge performance has them for 40 bucks...i bought mine for 80 lol..wow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts