Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! Just bought a 2012 focus sel in hopes to convert the exterior to look like the st. What parts are needed? Thank you in advanced

·
Registered
416 Posts
Each to his own I guess, but seems like it would have been easier (and cheaper) to look for a used ST. Then with the money you saved added a few upgrades.

·
Registered
125 Posts
How much did you pay for the SEL?

A quick search on Autotrader shows about $2-3k more to buy a comparable ST (in fact, the ST1s appear to lose value very rapidly on the used market, even with low miles, and they're closer to a Ti inside).

Is this just because you can't drive a manual?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think it's a good idea but for the cost of the items that would be needed it may have been more beneficial to buy a used ST. IMO. I wanted an ST as my first choice but they are still running 24000 for the 2013's used here in California. I ended up with a titanium hatch instead with low miles for 16900

·
Registered
340 Posts
Found this on eBay says its a direct bolt on. Fits 2012-2014 S,SE, SEL, and Ti. Anyone know if the fog lights on the titanium with swap out?

Fogs are the same across all focus models equipped with them.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Fogs are the same across all focus models equipped with them.
The ones on the Ti look different. They're black with a chrome ring on the end. The ones listed in the picture are a solid color. He wants to know if they're removable so he can put the Ti style in.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
The ones on the Ti look different. They're black with a chrome ring on the end. The ones listed in the picture are a solid color. He wants to know if they're removable so he can put the Ti style in.
No you can't change the fog lamp covers if you go with the ST fascia as the ones designed with the grilles attached are the only ones that fill that area completely.

That's the cover, not the fog lamp, the physical lamp housing is the same on all Fog lamp equipped MK3 Foci.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
First off, get a list of the body panels that are different. Here's my guess:
1. Front bumper cover.
2. Rear bumper cover or maybe just rear valence at cover bottom.
3. Hood?

Then wheels from an ST, then the center mounted factory exhaust and you should have enough to fool the marjority -- as long as the vehicle is sitting still.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts