Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2015 Focus Brochure/Specs aren't on the Ford website yet, but it looks like the 2015 will have SecuriCode Keyless Keypad built into the door (according to many dealer websites and the Order Guide that GhiaFan posted in the Focus ST forums).

This seems to be the keypad that will be built into the door.

I wonder what are the possibilities of fitting this into a 2013 or 2014 Focus with Intelligent Access Keys.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The "stick on" keypad is a far cry from an "invisible" B-pillar pad from the factory. From the order guide, it looks like only the titanium will get it, while the S and SE will still have the "stick on" version available as a factory installed accessory. I'd be curious as well about compatibility of upgrading the 2012-2014 with the 2015 parts. Have to wait and see.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And the Titanium series only has Intelligent Access Keys with Push Button Start. I have the integrated keypad for my 12 Explorer and believe me, it's a huge convenience to be able to lock the key in the car (beach, gym, vacation, Yellowstone, etc... all places you don't want to lose/damage your key, but it's easy to do).

·
Registered
319 Posts
And the Titanium series only has Intelligent Access Keys with Push Button Start. I have the integrated keypad for my 12 Explorer and believe me, it's a huge convenience to be able to lock the key in the car (beach, gym, vacation, Yellowstone, etc... all places you don't want to lose/damage your key, but it's easy to do).
If you have IA on your Explorer, and you leave the key in the car, doesn't someone just have to come up and press the button on the door handle to unlock the doors?

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you have IA on your Explorer, and you leave the key in the car, doesn't someone just have to come up and press the button on the door handle to unlock the doors?
No, it won't. The passive system knows the key is inside rather than outside. It won't even let you lock the doors with the keys inside. Only way to lock it is to hit the last two buttons on the keypad.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, it won't. The passive system knows the key is inside rather than outside. It won't even let you lock the doors with the keys inside. Only way to lock it is to hit the last two buttons on the keypad.
My explorer has a quirk in that if an IAK is in the back, the lift gate can be opened, but the front doors are still locked. I have to leave my key in the console to make sure it can only be opened from the keypad. Otherwise, it's exactly as MattE_Sales described.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The "stick on" keypad is a far cry from an "invisible" B-pillar pad from the factory. From the order guide, it looks like only the titanium will get it, while the S and SE will still have the "stick on" version available as a factory installed accessory. I'd be curious as well about compatibility of upgrading the 2012-2014 with the 2015 parts. Have to wait and see.
Don't quote me on this, but giving that the 2012 has a different Intelligent Access Key than the 2013/2014, the 2012 may be different and not compatible even if the 13/14's are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts