Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
new Focus owner, picked up a 2014 SE a few days ago. the stock system isnt really doing much for me, and I am wondering what the smallest sub i could add to the car would be. Im trying to maximize my hatch as much as possible. I've seen pictures of some focus's with a sony sub factory installed on the passenger hatch side..is that an easy install for me? that seems the smallest. i've also looked at a bazooka amp'd tube. open to suggestions.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys, they both look pretty good. the kicker looks pretty sweet. I like the fact that i could potentially put it anywhere in the car. makes way more sense than a bass tube. guess i'll start shopping around for the best price.

the stealth is just a little too far out of my price range right now since im shopping for wheels too, even though im sure its better. takes up hatch space too

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
while we are on the subject, anyone know what i could do to push a little more out of my stock speakers? they are pretty weak from what i had in my old car. i do a lot of commuting and it kills me. i dont have a touchscreen or anything, just SYNC.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I sell and install the Hideaway professionally. Use em all the time in pickups. It will more than round out your music. Don't expect the world from it, but don't sell it short. Realize it's only an 8" with 150WRMS...but it's VERY well designed. It puts in work for sure.

The Alpine or Kenwood power packs will help your door speakers. I've installed a boat load of both and would recommend the Alpine as well. It has adjustable crossovers and gain, whereas the Kenwood is fixed crossover and, they say, "virtual gain" that sets itself. I also prefer the shape of the Alpine to the Kenwood.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow, i didnt realize they made something like that. totally makes sense though. thats perfect! is it compatible with my stock system in the focus SE? its not touch screen (sorry, im new and not sure what they call my stock deck, im sure it has a name). i just have all the hard buttons that include sirius, phone, media, etc w/ bluetooth. thinking about possibly getting both....i cant take the stock sound anymore, just want a little more out of it. where would the powerpack be installed typically in the car?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
You can use the parrot harness if you want. Certainly makes for an easier/cleaner install. So if it's worth the money to you. Else, it's just a snip of the factory speaker wires behind the factory head unit. Output of head unit goes to power pack, output of power pack goes to the other end of the factory speaker wires. Then it's just +12V constant, +12V ignition and ground. The power pack gets stashed in the dash out of sight. No, it doesn't really heat up. Slightly warm, but no where near enough to cause issues.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats a great write up. im going to start with the powerpack and some new speakers inside. i've always like the sound of infinity speakers...just very crisp to me. probably pick up a set of components for the front.

wish someone lived around me so i could give someone some $$ to install for me. im not that great with installing sound stuff. tried and failed in the past lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
trying to find the best deal online for the powerpack....anyone have a recommended site? i'd want to get the harness adapter as well with it. want a clean install.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Amazon. If you want a warranty from Alpine, then Best Buy. Ensure you buy the "U" branded one and not the "A" one. That one is pre-wired for Alpine head units.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ended up buying the powerpack at best buy today, and searched the web for the parrot harness. pretty tough find right now for that thing. im going to install that first. i'll probably just end up doing the speakers first, then adding in the sub after. Just when i thought i could stop spending money, i get sucked back in!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts