Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I purchased a factory rear sway bar to add to my focus. Im not looking for "performance" out of this sway bar, but just a better handling car when I have 4 people and a full trunk. My last focus was an SES and I can tell a deference without it, when there is a load of people in the car.

From what i can tell i need to weld on some brackets, to give my swaybar something to bolt too. Can someone snap some pictures of the mounts that are factory on the SES and SEL, so i can try to fabricate some mounts. Maybe i can create a write when its all finished.

Thanks [driving]

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are photos of that i need, from someone with a sway bar of course.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I did this about exactly a year ago! 100% worth it (since you had a SES you know this). I just love the way the car drives now.

As you know, the S, SE, SEL models have a different subframe that doesn't have the mounts for the swaybar.

I bought a swaybar and one endlink from a junkyard for $10. Then bought another end link for $10.

I was going to go with the Steeda mounts, but I was a bit worried that having a clamp on style wouldn't be ideal here in the rust belt. My concern was either the mounts themselves would rust away ... or the clamps would cause rust on the subframe.

I brought it to a buddy of mine who does fabrication. He made and welded on tabs for the frame.

He welded the tabs out as far as possible to give the swaybar a better effect. Mine are out a bit further than the directions from Steeda (or other clamp on kits) say.

I will have to grab photos of my setup. I used crappy primer so it did start to rust a bit - going to have to fix that soon!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya thanks... I paid way more for the sway bar from eBay.... The junk yards are way over priced around here!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Ya thanks... I paid way more for the sway bar from eBay.... The junk yards are way over priced around here!
Most cars here in the junkyards are complete rustbuckets so the prices are lowered to compensate. I hate salt [thumbd]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts