Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, I just bought a focus se, yeah I know I should have got the st but i couldn't find any, anyways this thing is slow af, I just got new 18 inch wheels, I really know nothing about cars I have like 10-15k to spend on upgrades I want to have the most badass focus se at some point, I just ordered a focus st front bumper cuz it looks way meaner but I'm going to take st badges off and replace with se, basically can somebody who knows more about these help me with a mods list or something, I want to make it faster but don't know what the se can handle. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes! I’ve been working on my SE for a while too. Unfortunately, the SE’s engine really just isn’t made for power. My mods so far are... Exhaust- muffler delete and resonator delete, and added a DCsports exhaust tip. Performance- I have a cold air intake and a performance tuning chip that I hooked up to the air sensor wires. Upgraded brakes-R1 concept front performance brake kit. What you might want to get for more power (some things on my list) are a throttle body spacer (or just a new bigger throttle body), possibly a turbo kit, if you don’t mind spending more money a whole new exhaust system by magna-flow might help with more air flow=more power, or a stage 2+ tune! Lastly, some other mods that I have on my list are new wheels and rims, new suspension system to make the ride feel better and lower the car (coil overs), and a bunch of body work; I have a wing and a new bumper and a front bumper splitter coming. Hope I could help a little!

·
Registered
46 Posts
alright, I just bought a focus se, yeah I know I should have got the st but i couldn't find any, anyways this thing is slow af, I just got new 18 inch wheels, I really know nothing about cars I have like 10-15k to spend on upgrades I want to have the most badass focus se at some point, I just ordered a focus st front bumper cuz it looks way meaner but I'm going to take st badges off and replace with se, basically can somebody who knows more about these help me with a mods list or something, I want to make it faster but don't know what the se can handle. Thanks guys

Where are you at that you can't find STs? There are like 50 in the Phoenix area as well as a few RS.

If you are looking for real power gains, under the assumption you have a DCT, you are better off selling the SE and using your budget to get an ST. The DCT foci wont hold up for to long being boosted. If you are manual you will be fine getting a turbo kit, but again by the time you get into that it would be cheaper to buy a focus ST. I should note I have a 2012 SEL hatch I have done rear muffler delete, K&N with airbox mod, and performance muffler. There was subtle performance gain but mostly efficiency gain. you could also do header, 180 degree t-stat, tuning, cams, and I am sure I missed a few. it is easy to go down that rabbit hole but why when you can pick up an ST for under $15K that is already above the max you gen get out of an SE.

·
Registered
2000 Focus SE 5 speed
5 Posts
I'm sad! I love my SE. Yes it does not tear anything up, but i lowered it with KYB and H&R for a fun, good lookin ride. Likely change out the cold air intake and upgrade the chip for a little better performance, and seriously upgrade the exhaust when it finally goes, but with the manual transmission it is fun enough, and something reasonable for the 13 yo kid to inherit. I don't need him blowing up, spinning out and/or ditching the car when he borrows it for date night!! lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts