Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a gas pedal spacer for a 2014 focus se manual? I want to get a little heel toe action and it’s kinda impossible stock.

·
Registered
17,490 Posts
Be aware it may be a safety inspection issue, those are considered dangerous in some locales. Why you don't see many sold, there is potential liability there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
There are a few options. The mounting behind the pedal and the pedal itself is the same between the S, SE, SEL, ST, and RS, so you can choose whichever you want.

Steeda (3/8" raise) - Steeda MK3+ Focus Accelerator Pedal Spacer ST / RS / All (2013-2018 ), 555 1281
JBR (~.750 inch raise) - Focus RS & ST Throttle Pedal Spacer [FSTFRS-TPS] - $41.99 : James Barone Racing, Aftermarket Performance
Diamond (0.375 inch raise) - Focus ST Accelerator Pedal Spacer
Mishimoto (1.6 inches raise) - Gas Pedal Spacer fits Ford Focus ST 2013+/ Focus RS 2016+
Accelatec (1.5 inches raise) - ACCELATEC Accelerator Pedal Mount Spacer Adjustable 1-1/2" Focus ST 2013-2018/ Focus RS 2016-2018

The Mishimoto will raise your pedal closest to the brake.

I run the JBR which I felt wasn't too low or too high. It sits a little lower than the brake but can be activated easy when you are depressing the brake.

You could also probably buy 2 of the thinner ones and stack them.

For my ford mustang, I simply used plastic washers/spacers I got from home depot that matched the diameter of the hardware sticking out of the firewall. They have worked fine so far and only cost me $3. I assume you could do this with a Focus as well.

If you are looking for an accelerator pedal with an extension to help make the gap between the accelerator and brake, the ST/RS pedal is the same (minus the faux silver covering) with all other Focus models.

Steeda heel toe pedal set - Steeda Focus ST/RS Premium Aluminum Heel/Toe Pedal Kit (2013-2018), 555-1267

You simply mark the holes on your pedal, drill and tap, and then set in place using the provided hardware. Very easy.

Finally, another option is to drive with both feet like Ricky Rudd - https://youtu.be/7DhtCbSayj0?t=22

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed the Mishimoto pedal spacer a few weeks ago after having the Steeda spacer & love it. The price is up there but the piece of mind having the extra hardware to support the mount & build quality are worth it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah I think I want one that goes higher. The JBR one I have is well made but it sits a little too low for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts