Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's pretty much just flat, actually. And there are to other things to consider: retail sales were actually up (per Ford's PR), and average prices are up about 5 grand versus the old Focus. So Ford should be raking in the cash relative to last year even if the total sales figures don't make it look that way.

But it is frustrating. Ford said that October would be a better indication of sales now that inventories are healthier but I took that to mean we'd start seeing a net increase over the 2011's volume, fleet sales or not. Guess we'll have to wait a few more months to see if the 2012 can start posting the kinds of numbers expected of it.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Corolla & Civic are down too. A year ago, the 2011's had $3500 rebates. Now, there is only $500, but resale is better since the 12's were released, and with the used car shortages

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'd say it's not a bad result considering the new Foci are more expensive in real terms (~factoring in rebates, etc). Looks to be selling nearly as well as the Elantra. I still don't buy Ford's argument about inventory constraints, however. My local dealer has 92 2012's currently in-stock.

I can't believe the Civic is doing better...that is one dull and cheap looking car!

But...I think that competition will be heating up now that cars like the Hyundai Accent/Veloster, Sonic, Cruze Diesel, VW Beetle/Beetle Turbo, Jetta GLI. Now, most of these are not direct competitors to the Focus, but they still may fall within the radar of someone looking in it's segment.

Long story short...I think that there will be higher rebates coming (beyond the $500 cust/$500 finance cash they offer now). Not sure if they are doing private cash anymore.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Its competition the import prices are up there with domestics, honestly I believe the new Ford Focus is a bit pricy for being a domestic. More-over, this bad economy affects sales specially for brand new spanking cars. [bawling]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts