Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Ford Motor Company brings the Focus RS & Cosworth to North America, would you buy one? If yes, how much are willing to pay?

Also, if you are interested, you can complete the petition below and we'll forward the information to Ford.
Sign Here! Petition to Ford Motor Company

We would also like to hear your opinions, so please feel free to express them here.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think it would be a no brainer for Ford; once they do bring the RS to the US, it can compete with the SRT-4 and would be a damn cool.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
oracleguy said:
I think it would be a no brainer for Ford; once they do bring the RS to the US, it can compete with the SRT-4 and would be a damn cool.
The SVT competes with the SRT 4. The srt4 isn't in a different class because its faster. Its in the same class because it handles like a turd. The RS wouldn't compete with the SRT4, it would be in a different class and it would cost more. I don't think the RS would do very well because it doesn't have redneck appeal (its quarter mile-to-price ratio isn't very good). However I think the Cosworth would do awesome because it would dominate the EVO & STI. The Cos has more power than the EVO & STI so I think it would be a winner.
I'd pay $24,000 for an RS & $33,000 for a Cosworth.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
nah i say forget them both, Ford North America needs to come out w/ something decent, maybe an AWD version of the 2.3 w/o all the Pzev stuff and a decent factory turbo, though a FWD version of this would be nice as well, but more than likely i would put my mony on a new SVT style supercharged 2.3, seeing as how the 2.0 is getting the axe

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I think it would be sweet if they brought it over here. But there's no way I'd pay over $25K for it. For over $30K I'd take a 350Z.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
god i love that freakin car.. i would pay over 22k for it.. i mean the neon has about the same specs.. and its at 19k.. come on ford you can DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
ehh 350z...every one and there freaking grandma has those around here. I'll take the RS

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Not around here they don't. I seen one a few months back and the stupid mf'er rolled it and got killed.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
janux said:
ehh 350z...every one and there freaking grandma has those around here. I'll take the RS
same here, that and ugly arse H2s

·
Registered
613 Posts
forget the 350Z get a G35 coupe you got a backseat and the same everything else virtually suspension brakes tranny engine, and they look a hell of a lot better

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Fudge, just give me a RS and I'll be happy.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
CowsGoMoo said:
I'll take a 350z too plz kthx.
Thank you. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i would purshase a RS for around 25k np

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I voted no. Ford waited (and is still waiting) too long to introduce anything like this. I already bought an SVT, and have to pay that off. If they come out with an RS or something like it, I doubt I will want to go through the trouble needed to get rid of my car and get one. Now, if I had no car payments and was still driving old 'blacky' (my MR2) I would consider an RS if it fell in the 20-25k range, which it is unlikely to do, if it ever comes over here.

1 - 20 of 446 Posts