Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
FUBARCUS
7,763 Posts
I've personally hauled 4' rebar in the back of my St. I had to fold the seats down so I could run the rebar at an angle. Low quantities of 6' 2x4's could be hauled with the seats folded flat and then running the 2x4's thru the armrest area towards the front of the car however that would likely be difficult. You could always purchase a roof rack and place 2x4's on the roof rack.

The amount of stuff I have stuffed into my hatch for Auto-x events is actually pretty impressive. For some events I have a 10' x 10' pop-up canopy that is 48" long that will fit no problem in the hatch with (4) wheels & tires, a ~2' x 3' container to store things/keep stuff dry, my jack, jack stands, 15" tool bag, a small cooler, (2) camping chairs, and an overnight bag without too much issue.

If I have time at lunch today, I will try to take some measurements for you based off my ST.

·
FUBARCUS
7,763 Posts
I put a twin mattress in my hatch and drove it home, if that helps. Those are generally 75" in length. I've had tons of other big stuff in mine with the rear seats flat.
How the hell did you manage that? That is really impressive!

·
Registered
871 Posts
How the hell did you manage that? That is really impressive!
Ha. No magic. I had to flex it a tiny bit in the middle to make the width, but otherwise I just laid the rear seats down. I'm 5'11" and I have a 5spd, so it was tough with my seat pulled forward, but...doable.

·
FUBARCUS
7,763 Posts
Ha. No magic. I had to flex it a tiny bit in the middle to make the width, but otherwise I just laid the rear seats down. I'm 5'11" and I have a 5spd, so it was tough with my seat pulled forward, but...doable.
Well there we have it! Buy the RS and you can haul lots of shit including twin mattresses!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I've personally hauled 4' rebar in the back of my St. I had to fold the seats down so I could run the rebar at an angle. Low quantities of 6' 2x4's could be hauled with the seats folded flat and then running the 2x4's thru the armrest area towards the front of the car however that would likely be difficult. You could always purchase a roof rack and place 2x4's on the roof rack.

The amount of stuff I have stuffed into my hatch for Auto-x events is actually pretty impressive. For some events I have a 10' x 10' pop-up canopy that is 48" long that will fit no problem in the hatch with (4) wheels & tires, a ~2' x 3' container to store things/keep stuff dry, my jack, jack stands, 15" tool bag, a small cooler, (2) camping chairs, and an overnight bag without too much issue.

If I have time at lunch today, I will try to take some measurements for you based off my ST.
That would be awesome. THANKS! I probably wouldn't make it out until next week to get measurements.

Yeah, I crammed a lot of stuff into my 14 GT before I got the Boss and a trailer. Heavy floor jack, set of track wheels and tires, jack stands, box of track stuff, cooler, chair, toolbox. That may be the way I go with this new plan as well.

I put a twin mattress in my hatch and drove it home, if that helps. Those are generally 75" in length. I've had tons of other big stuff in mine with the rear seats flat.
Ah, I'm only 5'6" so maybe I'd be OK with 6' long 2x4's.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Ah, I'm only 5'6" so maybe I'd be OK with 6' long 2x4's.
Shouldn't be a problem. With the passenger seat pulled forward and the rear seats flat, you can fit a shit ton of stuff in these cars. If you look at one, note that the rear seats go completely flat once you tilt the seat bottoms forward. Only takes a few seconds to do.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I got rid of the entire Styrofoam assembly & tossed it in the basement along with the RS stuff I had already removed-

Once gone, it DEFINITELY gave me so much more trunk/hatch space!

I just left the sony amp towards the front center & the FENG box trailed next to it. Tossed the tow hook/eye in the glovebox.
Tossed in the corner the Continental Compressor/tire-glue bottle.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem. With the passenger seat pulled forward and the rear seats flat, you can fit a shit ton of stuff in these cars. If you look at one, note that the rear seats go completely flat once you tilt the seat bottoms forward. Only takes a few seconds to do.
And removing the seat bottom will give more room.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts