Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering an RS as a DD. If I do this I'd be getting rid of my F250 and my trailer that I haul my Mustang to the track in. I would go back to driving to the track for track days. Anyway, I was wondering if someone had the dimensions of the RS cargo area both with the back seats down and up?

Thanks for any help you can give.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Welcome to FF...Really best to go check one out....What yr were you thinking would dictate the color you want....Of course making sure the h/g was done also.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to FF...Really best to go check one out....What yr were you thinking would dictate the color you want....Of course making sure the h/g was done also.
Well I'm hoping for brand new. I've seen all years available around the country using Autotrader. Are there differences between the years? I think I read something about an improvement in something with the 2018 limited edition. Are the head gaskets already fixed in certain ones? Either way it would be a warranty/recall fix, correct?

I was just hoping maybe somebody here already measured or would be willing to do it. Just need to see if there's enough room for other stuff I would regularly haul around. My truck has more than enough room but if I ditch that for a simpler life (and better MPG) I need to know it will work out. Would they be the same as any Focus hatch? Not aware of any RS' near me at the moment.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Well I'm hoping for brand new. I've seen all years available around the country using Autotrader. Are there differences between the years? I think I read something about an improvement in something with the 2018 limited edition. Are the head gaskets already fixed in certain ones? Either way it would be a warranty/recall fix, correct?

I was just hoping maybe somebody here already measured or would be willing to do it. Just need to see if there's enough room for other stuff I would regularly haul around. My truck has more than enough room but if I ditch that for a simpler life (and better MPG) I need to know it will work out. Would they be the same as any Focus hatch? Not aware of any RS' near me at the moment.

Why not just go to the nearest Ford Dealer in your area that has a Focus RS for sale & answer all of those questions yourself? As far as the inside of the Hatch goes, I’m fairly certain that every Focus measures the same, meaning that the RS is no different vs. a base model Focus SE Hatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not just go to the nearest Ford Dealer in your area that has a Focus RS for sale & answer all of those questions yourself? As far as the inside of the Hatch goes, I’m fairly certain that every Focus measures the same, meaning that the RS is no different vs. a base model Focus SE Hatch.

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
As I said, no RS' in my area last I checked. Yeah, I figured they might be the same. Didn't want to talk to sales people just to get a few measurements. If there was an actual RS I might be buying it would be a different story.

Hoping someone had already done the measurements. Almost every vehicle I've researched in the past had this information somewhere. Though the post is only a day old so maybe someone will still chime in. Google search was not helpful.

Maybe Friday I'll see if there are any hatches around me. Surprisingly few last time I looked. Most are sedans.

·
Registered
844 Posts
As I said, no RS' in my area last I checked. Yeah, I figured they might be the same. Didn't want to talk to sales people just to get a few measurements. If there was an actual RS I might be buying it would be a different story.

Hoping someone had already done the measurements. Almost every vehicle I've researched in the past had this information somewhere. Though the post is only a day old so maybe someone will still chime in. Google search was not helpful.

Maybe Friday I'll see if there are any hatches around me. Surprisingly few last time I looked. Most are sedans.

What exactly are you looking to put back there? I mean a Ford Focus Hatchback is a small vehicle & a grocery getter, a commuter car. Ford offered a 350HP AWD version of the car & put a 40k price tag on it for the limited number of enthusiasts out there that want a fast daily & a weekend track car. As far as ‘new’ & ‘used’ RS’s for sale, there are plenty of them, you just having to be willing to drive within a 200 mile radius. I know here in SoCal there are several brand new 2017s still for sale at Ford dealers & they’ve been sitting for almost two years. They won’t budge much on their prices. Cheapest one is 37k + fees.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What exactly are you looking to put back there? I mean a Ford Focus Hatchback is a small vehicle & a grocery getter, a commuter car. Ford offered a 350HP AWD version of the car & put a 40k price tag on it for the limited number of enthusiasts out there that want a fast daily & a weekend track car. As far as ‘new’ & ‘used’ RS’s for sale, there are plenty of them, you just having to be willing to drive within a 200 mile radius. I know here in SoCal there are several brand new 2017s still for sale at Ford dealers & they’ve been sitting for almost two years. They won’t budge much on their prices. Cheapest one is 37k + fees.

5'-6' 2x4's is what I wondering about fitting. Exactly, I'm looking for a fun daily driver. I have no problem going 200 miles or more when it comes time to buy.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
6' 2x4's might be stretching it a bit length wise, possibly a few sideways or stacked....You'll really need to see Nitrous blue in person, check out the pearlence...Magnetic or Shadow black are two additional great colors also......I really believe you'll need to open up your search radius & don't forget about shipping....IDK where your located at. btw I've had vehicles shipped w/ no issues.

·
Registered
844 Posts
6' 2x4's might be stretching it a bit length wise, possibly a few sideways or stacked....You'll really need to see Nitrous blue in person, check out the pearlence...Magnetic or Shadow black are two additional great colors also......I really believe you'll need to open up your search radius & don't forget about shipping....IDK where your located at. btw I've had vehicles shipped w/ no issues.

You forgot about Oxford White?

Btw, I’m not sure I’d buy any vehicle sight unseen & have it shipped on the back of an open trailer?
Especially a Focus RS.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
You forgot about Oxford White?

Btw, I’m not sure I’d buy any vehicle sight unseen & have it shipped on the back of an open trailer?
Especially a Focus RS.

I'd pass on any white vehicles....For sure you'd want to check it out....but it'd be under warranty, you could have it shipped in a enclosed trailer if needed/wanted.

Reactions: Pokerrun388

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually like all of the colors available. Nitrous Blue and Stealth Gray would be my preference but I know stock is limited at this point. Black is my last choice as I hate caring for black cars but I do like the way it looks just fine. I would just have to force myself into a paint care routine. When I've searched I searched anywhere in the country. I'm open to shipping, paying a buddy to drive me while I drive it back or possibly flying and driving back.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Black looks awesome & really is easy to deal with btw......http://autogeek.com will have all the tools/products that you'll need to for your paint maintenance....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Black looks awesome & really is easy to deal with btw......autogeek.com will have all the tools/products that you'll need to for your paint maintenance....
I had a black 2014 Mustang GT before my Boss (GT was rear ended). I thought I was taking care of that car really well until I saw a crazy amount of swirl marks. Since it was becoming a track car I wasn't too worried about it. The RS would be a DD so I'd want to keep it looking the best it can. I would probably get it ceramic coated ASAP.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts
Be great to do it yourself, you'd be surprised of the products & machines out there.....Get yourself a Flex 3401 or a Rupes/Boss 15mm machine & a dozen pads using quality products & you can't go wrong or mess up.....Swirls are a thing of the pass....

·
w/ my magic bag
29,455 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Be great to do it yourself, you'd be surprised of the products & machines out there.....Get yourself a Flex 3401 or a Rupes/Boss 15mm machine & a dozen pads using quality products & you can't go wrong or mess up.....Swirls are a thing of the pass....
Yeah, if I get a black car I'm going to have to get some new products and learn how to take of it properly.

Depending on where you live as coatings are effected by temp & humidity btw...
"somewhere in middle America" I'm probably aging myself with that lyric.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I have to admit, a black RS with the black wheels looks amazing but I don’t think I could handle it. I know how I am & I think the constant cleaning, the dust, road chips etc., would make me miserable.

I think that Stealth Grey & Oxford White would be the only two colors for me. Now, if I was looking for a 2018, then I think I’d go with the blue. I’ve seen that blue in person & the pics don’t do it any justice. The flake in it is beautiful in the sun, especially with the black roof, spoiler & wheels.

·
FUBARCUS
7,769 Posts
Here's a video from the UK. You will lose a little space due to the hatchback floor in the RS being unique to the RS (No Spare Tire wheel for the AWD bits). Also the FoRS has a foam tray to hold things in place under the carpet.

Keep in mind you can actually fold the bottom of the seat forward, remove the rear head rests and then fold the seats completely flat.

cargo volume would be nearly identical to a FoST.

Neat Video from our friends across the pond.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That luggage diagram gives me a better idea. 6' long boards will be tough. I watched the video one and while it shows a lot of stuff going in there it didn't really help for my needs. Thanks for all the help. I will be trying to get out and see a Focus hatch in person and bring along my tape measure.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts