Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
So when the RS does come to the US. Will it be more american or Euro. Those will RS conversions won't be as unique right? Or still will?

·
Registered
963 Posts
And how much will the dang thing cost. I feel as if a fully loaded one would be pushing 40k. Which puts it in mustang territory

·
Registered
620 Posts
And how much will the dang thing cost. I feel as if a fully loaded one would be pushing 40k. Which puts it in mustang territory
Yes they are going to be pricey but it will be a very limited car. A fully loaded ST is just over 30k so I'd expect the RS to be between 35 & 40k. It may be close to a Mustang in price but it is a completely different type of car and market. At this point it is the only Ford I would think of replacing my SVT with but it better come with only 2 doors!

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
Yeah I was going to say 34k to 40k. I wonder how limited. Have to preregister for it I'm guessing. 4 door would look bad.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
I hope I'm lined up when it comes out. I don't care how many doors it has. I love my focus, one with ~350 horses and awd is just :heavy breathing: lol

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
If it's truly limited to a run of a couple thousand cars then you can tack on a "market adjustment" to that price so to get an RS new you might be talking over $45k.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I don't think it will be that limited. Does anybody know how many of the last RS were made?

·
8 DAY HOMECOMING
13,108 Posts
No matter what the price I think people will pay it. 350 horses running in a small car. whew!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
i hope its in a 5-door package. people with kids like to have fun also. like scareing the crap out of their kids.

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
But it won't likely be you average Focus enthusiasts buying them as $40k is a different chunk of change when compared to a regular Focus.
Could be bought up more by collectors and well to do buyers just to own one. I wish I would've hung onto my Type R as those were limited to less than a few thousand and you just don't see them around much any more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am curious to see how the new AWD set up performs. As far as I am concerned Ford rocked it with the ST. I hope the new RS lives up to its name and the AWD doesn't have problems.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Does anyone know what motor will be in?

Mustang Eco Boost 4cyl?? Or is going to be a brand new engine?
From the article: "In addition to AWD, the RS will be the only Focus to pack Ford's new 2.3-liter Ecoboost four-cylinder, available now in the Lincoln MKC and very soon in the 2015 Mustang. In the Mustang, this engine makes 310 hp, 320 lb-ft of torque. In the just-released Lincoln MKC crossover, the same engine makes 285 hp. In both applications, a twin-scroll turbo is employed.".

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
What other alleged products would use this special performance based AWD system?

That's demerit #1 to this AWD theory since the current system used in the Escape / Kuga is not intended for performance applications and is highly FWD biased.

The 2.3L EcoBoost makes some sense to spread it from the Lincoln to a halo Focus, but AWD would add unnecessary weight and complexity over the FWD ST to the point of harming the sensation of increased performance as it was stated with the previous MK2 RS AWD mule with around 280 hp being dull and boring to drive compared to the 225 hp ST at the time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
From the article: "In addition to AWD, the RS will be the only Focus to pack Ford's new 2.3-liter Ecoboost four-cylinder, available now in the Lincoln MKC and very soon in the 2015 Mustang. In the Mustang, this engine makes 310 hp, 320 lb-ft of torque. In the just-released Lincoln MKC crossover, the same engine makes 285 hp. In both applications, a twin-scroll turbo is employed.".

Just re-read article. Reading owns me. Haven't had my 3rd cup of coffee this morning and NFL is on. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I could see a Fusion SHO and the new lighter weight Taurus SHO using the new AWD setup?

·
Registered
620 Posts
I could see a Fusion SHO and the new lighter weight Taurus SHO using the new AWD setup?
Now a hot rod Fusion could be interesting. Knock off 2 doors and line it up against the BMW M3 coupe! [driving]

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
All the cop cars around here are the AWD/turbo Interceptors and have beefed up axles to handle curb jumping and get a column mounted shifter plus a few other upgrades the Taurus doesn't get.

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,035 Posts
Wonder if Ford is considering an AWD production variant of the FiST?... or beefing up the escape AWD setup to compete with the SRT8 Jeep? Heck, might even be Ford taking on a "Who cares if it sells, can we even build it?" nissan "Skunkworks Juke-R" type mindset... Sure its completely unfeasible financially... Doesn't mean it wouldn't be AWESOME!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts