Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Rambleon, nice video. Thanks for the link!

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
It'd be great to know the time. Sounds awesome.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hmmmm the plot thickens

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
Yea sure does. I just don't care for the '15 front end.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I personally like the look of that front end a lot. Better than the new SE front end for sure. Are those fog lamps closed in with glass?

·
Registered
620 Posts
In the fine print it states it will cost <£30k = $47,518. I'm not sure how that will translate over to a real US price.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Cars always cost more in the UK than they do in the US. A good rule of thumb that I've noticed is the cost in $'s is usually about the same or slightly less (depending on the rarity of the car) as the same number in £'s.

ie if the car costs £30K then it will probably be around $30K in the USA +/- a couple grand

EDIT: Being that this is an RS focus though it may end up being more if they are all shipped here from Europe in limited numbers. Plus the market here is less crazy about "Rally Sport" designated cars.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Here is an article from Autocar dated 10-17-14 on the RS. I don't think I've seen this one posted.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/development-under-way-new-330bhp-ford-focus-rs

After reading this I think it really seals the deal the the new RS will be another damn 4 door. [thumbd] [?|] I know that is what everybody has been saying but I was still holding out a sliver of hope that would be a 2 door.

I wonder what it would cost to have the rear doors gutted, then welded shut, remove the post and have a custom 1 piece glass installed? [dunno] I guess some would think that to be excessive behavior. [screwy]

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Here is an article from Autocar dated 10-17-14 on the RS. I don't think I've seen this one posted.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/development-under-way-new-330bhp-ford-focus-rs

After reading this I think it really seals the deal the the new RS will be another damn 4 door. [thumbd] [?|] I know that is what everybody has been saying but I was still holding out a sliver of hope that would be a 2 door.

I wonder what it would cost to have the rear doors gutted, then welded shut, remove the post and have a custom 1 piece glass installed? [dunno] I guess some would think that to be excessive behavior. [screwy]
That's one of the first articles i see not stating AWD

·
Registered
620 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Even around 30k theres no way I'll be getting that anytime soon, I won't even have my '12 Sedan paid off by the time it comes out. I guess it'll be nice to dream and hope one day I can get a later year maybe.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Even around 30k theres no way I'll be getting that anytime soon, I won't even have my '12 Sedan paid off by the time it comes out. I guess it'll be nice to dream and hope one day I can get a later year maybe.
Around 30k is what a 2014 ST3 is going to cost so I'm still betting the RS will be closer to 35k. Of course until Ford says something officially it's all guess work. [???:)]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts