Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Focus RS Airbox on Focus SE - Installed!

90K views 281 replies 76 participants last post by  Lawrencecar1 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey fellow MK3 owners...

I bought the Focus RS airbox and did the install about a week ago after receiving the item... It was on back order and only took two weeks to get here... Not bad! Ordered directly from my Ford dealership but took a print out of the online prices that are out there... The cheapest I have seen so far is $45 bucks or so online... So I took that it and they price matched it... I believe the retail is like $63-65.

I also upgraded the air filter to a K&N... All I can say is the sound is amazing when you open her up and mild when driving normal... Throttle response is significantly better and can feel it smoother throughout the RPM range... Next is to do the snorkel delete to see if that helps give the Hatch a little more pep in its step...

Video:

Attachments

See less See more
1 4
#2 ·
Hey fellow MK3 owners...

I bought the Focus RS airbox and did the install about a week ago after receiving the item... It was on back order and only took two weeks to get here... Not bad! Ordered directly from my Ford dealership but took a print out of the online prices that are out there... The cheapest I have seen so far is $45 bucks or so online... So I took that it and they price matched it... I believe the retail is like $63-65.

I also upgraded the air filter to a K&N... All I can say is the sound is amazing when you open her up and mild when driving normal... Throttle response is significantly better and can feel it smoother throughout the RPM range... Next is to do the snorkel delete to see if that helps give the Hatch a little more pep in its step...

Nice one. Definitely the easiest and best bang for your buck mods. Do you have any other mods planned?

Sent from the future

#3 ·
Thanks and yes I agree one of the cheapest and easy mods to do... I spent $45 on the airbox and 50$ on the K&N High flow... So for less than 100$ you got a nice mod... Next mods are suspension... Need to get rid of the wheel gap... And look into a short throw option for my shifter

#28 ·
Pro kit or sportlines.....problem with sportlines is the drop is fairly low and they seem to really sag over time or else the struts do when worn...I know someone who now has almost 3" drop on sportlines, his wheels are slightly tucked under fenders and camber/toe is out too much to adjust without aftermarket camber and toe arms

#5 ·
I've already got one of these in the way! Another cheap mod you should look into is the focus electric rear motor mount it makes a huge difference. For a short throw shifter I have the Ford Racing one that I'm really happy with. The other options are the steeda and rebel devil ones if you want even shorter. I'd recommend getting solid shifter base bushings at the same time too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Has anyone dynod this set up versus a standard cold air intake? Probably negligible difference in power but curious to see if the tq curve comes on sooner between the RS versus others.

#7 ·
I personally haven't and don't know if others who have done the RS box has... As for the butt dyno, I can feel a difference. I guess thats all that matters to me... Plus I have noticed with now driving "normally" I have gained about 2.5 MPG average better than stock box and filter...

#11 ·
I have no idea how loud the RS air box cover is but the Steeda CAI I have (open type) is loud!!

#24 ·
I envy you the price of the airbox in US [mecry] i bought my set after conversion for 150USD

Do not have the number of the BOX itself, it is sold as whole piece with air filter. I am from Europe but the parts should be the same.

Inlet pipes:

Replacement for snorchel:

#25 ·
Hey fellow MK3 owners...

Did you get the whole entire airbox for $65?

Or is it just the RS top that snaps into our non-RS airboxes?

#35 ·
So should the rubber seal on the RS lid be removed since it pushes up against the padding on the hood? It seems like basically the open lid is useless and the pad makes it quiet and makes it basically the same as having the stock lid on.
I want it to be as loud as lidless or close to it without sucking in the hot air. I honestly feel that lidless gives a little more power then the RS lid at all speeds

#44 ·
So looks like i'll be going back to stock on my intake manifold which means i'll need a new intake since i sold my fswerks. I'm thinking about getting the RS air box and then maybe down the road by the Vellosatech big mouth snorkel to go with it.

#47 ·
Ttr manifold lost 20whp on the dyno.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

#51 ·
He is correct^^ dropped after 3800 all the way to redline.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mk3Mikl
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.