Focus Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Seeing as it looks like just a lid, if the mounting points are the same on the NA and RS lumchbox then I don't see why not. Supposedly the rs gains 25 hp from the intake and tune. So we might gain 10 hp over stock and more consistent intake temps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Installed the RS airbox, sounds like a beast now.
Very tame when just cruising as well, the car manages low RPMs better and shifting has become a lot smoother. When you want to open the throttle it's responsive and it changed the way the car drives.

For AUD$93 it's a great deal.

My K&N E-2993 has done just over 10,000 km. It was a bit dirty and black, didn't think it would get dirty that quick.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Installed the RS airbox, sounds like a beast now.
Very tame when just cruising as well, the car manages low RPMs better and shifting has become a lot smoother. When you want to open the throttle it's responsive and it changed the way the car drives.

For AUD$93 it's a great deal.

My K&N E-2993 has done just over 10,000 km. It was a bit dirty and black, didn't think it would get dirty that quick.
Glad to hear! Did you install the lid only, or the entire air box? I'm REALLY looking forward to getting one. :D

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thanks
Going to see if I can get a small mountable camera or somehow mount my HandyCam.

During the install the police arrived, wanted to check out what I was doing. They were alerted by shopping centre security who thought there might be a theft going on, lol.
I did the install in an undercover car park. It was raining, don't have a garage.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
219 Posts
Thanks
Going to see if I can get a small mountable camera or somehow mount my HandyCam.

During the install the police arrived, wanted to check out what I was doing. They were alerted by shopping centre security who thought there might be a theft going on, lol.
I did the install in an undercover car park. It was raining, don't have a garage.
lol...

·
Registered
409 Posts
It takes the car getting a little used to the new intake because I have a DCT. I have the diesel trans so shudder only happened in the low rev range which is expected because there's not enough power. With the RS intake there is less restriction and the shudder at low revs 1-1.5k is gone and it's silky smooth. As a result of this I can stay in a higher gear more often which reduces fuel consumption.

I found a good way to mount my HandyCam and did a test with it. Going to shoot a better video possibly this week.

Edit; Did I mention torque steer? Plenty of torque steer when putting the foot down, haha. Something I only got in my '95 Golf..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Installed mine today and it looks and sounds great! Haven't tried it at full throttle, but I'm assuming it'll give at less a little extra power (considering I have a K&N drop-in too). Thanks for posting and giving me the idea of doing this.

·
Registered
350 Posts
So, I stopped by my dealership today to see about ordering the RS airbox. They said it'd be $67.92, and then I asked them if they'd price match TascaParts.com at $47.27. They ended up going for it. So, with that said, I got my new RS airbox for only $50.27 after tax (free shipping) and it will be here tomorrow! [woot]

Once I get the time I'll be replacing my K&N filter with my new Dryflow AEM, installing the RS airbox, and doing the snorkel delete. When everything is all said and done, this should be feel like a WHOLE new car! [hihi]

·
Registered
422 Posts
So, I stopped by my dealership today to see about ordering the RS airbox. They said it'd be $67.92, and then I asked them if they'd price match TascaParts.com at $47.27. They ended up going for it. So, with that said, I got my new RS airbox for only $50.27 after tax (free shipping) and it will be here tomorrow! [woot]

Once I get the time I'll be replacing my K&N filter with my new Dryflow AEM, installing the RS airbox, and doing the snorkel delete. When everything is all said and done, this should be feel like a WHOLE new car! [hihi]
Out of curiosity, why are you replacing the k&n filter with a dryflow aem?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Out of curiosity, why are you replacing the k&n filter with a dryflow aem?
I did a lot of research between the two types, and decided that I liked the extra filtration and ease of cleaning the Dryflow offered. I've ran my K&N for over 100K now, so it's been recharged plenty of times. I'm really looking forward to not having to deal with oiling it anymore. [:D]

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts

you scored there. Tasca sells it for $47 but then they charge another $40 to ship so you saved a lot of money.

81 - 100 of 282 Posts