Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 281 Posts

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I bought it from Sunriseford parts. They had it for $48 with free shipping.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I like that the RS box is taller then the stock box so it actually seals to the hood. I'm really happy with this thing. for the cost, it's a great bang for your buck mod.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Just installed the RS box tonight along with the TB upgrade.
Could you post a pic of the rs box with the larger tb installed on your car? I feel like my stock intake tube looks like it's squished with this set up. I tried adjusting it but it's just how it is. I want to see what yours looks like.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
620 Posts
Got my yesterday and installed it. I can say I am alittle disappointed in the sound. But then again I have run with the lid off the stock box for 2 weeks or so now. I have a Dry Flow AEM filter.

I do know an open ended filter will increase the volume, but I went with the RS box to help keep engine heat out of the intake air.

Now there is a difference, but it is much more subdued that running without a lid. Meaning it is louder than the complete stock airbox. I'll also confirm it does seal to the hood, Can see the contact point on the hood liner.

I still give the RS airbox a thumbs up.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Got my yesterday and installed it. I can say I am alittle disappointed in the sound. But then again I have run with the lid off the stock box for 2 weeks or so now. I have a Dry Flow AEM filter.

I do know an open ended filter will increase the volume, but I went with the RS box to help keep engine heat out of the intake air.

Now there is a difference, but it is much more subdued that running without a lid. Meaning it is louder than the complete stock airbox. I'll also confirm it does seal to the hood, Can see the contact point on the hood liner.

I still give the RS airbox a thumbs up.
How are you liking your AEM Dryflow? I'm looking at getting one to replace my old K&N, and now it looks like I'll be buying an RS filter box too. :D

·
Registered
620 Posts
How are you liking your AEM Dryflow? I'm looking at getting one to replace my old K&N, and now it looks like I'll be buying an RS filter box too. :D
IIRC I have had it for about 2 years already with the snorkel delete. Filter has been fine, cleaned it once so far.

·
Registered
350 Posts
IIRC I have had it for about 2 years already with the snorkel delete. Filter has been fine, cleaned it once so far.
Glad to hear! Did you notice any increase in gas mileage when you switched to the Dryflow? I've seen a lot of people posting up that they saw around 1-2 mpg increase. I do primarily highway driving, so I'll take any improvements I can get. :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Has anyone dyno'd the RS air box with a highflow air filter yet? I'm just curious if it offers similar gains as the $300.00 Steeda intake. If so, this could be the best money per horsepower mod to date! :D For around $100.00 you'd be gaining around 10whp and 10fpt. Not too shabby!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I've already done the snorkel and E-2993 K&N filter which gave better response and improved low end revs drivability.
Contacted my parts shop about the RS box, here's hoping I can get one :D

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Has anyone dyno'd the RS air box with a highflow air filter yet? I'm just curious if it offers similar gains as the $300.00 Steeda intake. If so, this could be the best money per horsepower mod to date! :D For around $100.00 you'd be gaining around 10whp and 10fpt. Not too shabby!
No one has done the rs air box but the stock air box with high flow filter made 8whp I the dyno. You'd think the rs air box was at least as good.

·
Registered
350 Posts
No one has done the rs air box but the stock air box with high flow filter made 8whp I the dyno. You'd think the rs air box was at least as good.

Sent from my SM-G920T using FF Mobile
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. :) I definitely plan on getting the RS air box in the near future.

Has anyone ever found out if the snorkel delete actually adds any horsepower, or is it more of a sound mod?

Sorry if this is really old stuff. I've been away from the forums for a few years. It's good to be back, though. :)

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. :) I definitely plan on getting the RS air box in the near future.

Has anyone ever found out if the snorkel delete actually adds any horsepower, or is it more of a sound mod?

Sorry if this is really old stuff. I've been away from the forums for a few years. It's good to be back, though. :)
You do need to do the snorkel delete in order to get the horsepower increase.

·
Registered
350 Posts
You do need to do the snorkel delete in order to get the horsepower increase.

Sent from my SM-G920T using FF Mobile
Roger that. That's definitely good to know. :) I STILL haven't done the snorkel delete, so I'm looking forward to seeing a little boost. My new AEM Dryflow will be here tomorrow, so I'm going to try and do everything then if I have time.

61 - 80 of 281 Posts