Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Pro kit or sportlines.....problem with sportlines is the drop is fairly low and they seem to really sag over time or else the struts do when worn...I know someone who now has almost 3" drop on sportlines, his wheels are slightly tucked under fenders and camber/toe is out too much to adjust without aftermarket camber and toe arms
I just noticed a couple weeks ago that my sportlines look a lot lower that it did after the break in/settling period. My wheels are also slightly tucked all around. Im probably going to have new DWS06 tires installed in the next 10k miles so I'll have them check the alignment/camber/toe once it's all said and done. I do have adjustable camber bolts in the rear but they only allow a minimal amount of adjustment. I'm not sure which strut/rear shock package to go with next after the st strut/titanium handling package rears wear out.

·
Registered
781 Posts
So should the rubber seal on the RS lid be removed since it pushes up against the padding on the hood? It seems like basically the open lid is useless and the pad makes it quiet and makes it basically the same as having the stock lid on.
I want it to be as loud as lidless or close to it without sucking in the hot air. I honestly feel that lidless gives a little more power then the RS lid at all speeds

Dude. You just answered your own question. It's a rubber SEAL. It's there to prevent heat soak. And taking the lid off is just dumb. Any air intake setup worth buying will have a rubber seal.
The little more power is all in your head. If you don't believe me, go and do a dyno test with and without the lid.

This stuff has been discussed a bazillion times and yet it still gets asked.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
So looks like i'll be going back to stock on my intake manifold which means i'll need a new intake since i sold my fswerks. I'm thinking about getting the RS air box and then maybe down the road by the Vellosatech big mouth snorkel to go with it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
So looks like i'll be going back to stock on my intake manifold which means i'll need a new intake since i sold my fswerks. I'm thinking about getting the RS air box and then maybe down the road by the Vellosatech big mouth snorkel to go with it.
how come you are going back to stock?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Ttr manifold lost 20whp on the dyno.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
620 Posts
Ttr manifold lost 20whp on the dyno.

Sent from my SM-G920T using FF Mobile
damn, that's a hell of a loss

does anyone have any ideas why? seems like a butt dyno would recognize a loss like that...
where was the loss in power? Was it just from the peak HP number?

What happened to the area under the curve? Larger intakes normally move the power higher in the rpm band. Peak number might have been lower but if the area under the curve in the lower rpm range is greater, then it becomes much more usable power.

On the topic, because I am having a moment, since the RS lid fits on the SE airbox this means that the air filter is the same?

·
Registered
154 Posts
where was the loss in power? Was it just from the peak HP number?

What happened to the area under the curve? Larger intakes normally move the power higher in the rpm band. Peak number might have been lower but if the area under the curve in the lower rpm range is greater, then it becomes much more usable power.

On the topic, because I am having a moment, since the RS lid fits on the SE airbox this means that the air filter is the same?

If I remember correctly power stayed the same until like 3800 then dropped an average 10-20 hp till the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
He is correct^^ dropped after 3800 all the way to redline.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Was it the manifold for the ST? Or do they also build an n/a manifold?
They took it off their website but you can see it in my avatar picture on my car. It was designed for the NA mk3.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I got my rs intake box installed. I like it a lot. Now I just need to clean my engine lol.

Tried to show it on a photo but the box does actually seal right to the hood too which I like a lot.

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
Looks good sir, I'd say that airbox and a K&N air filter is an awesome upgrade for around $100

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Looks good sir, I'd say that airbox and a K&N air filter is an awesome upgrade for around $100
I agree. Similar in design to some of the other available intakes but only a fraction of the cost.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
I'm definitely liking it. I had the fswerks intake on before and i liked it too but i like that the RS air box seals to the hood to help keep more hot air out. plus, the RS air box is so cheap!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got my rs intake box installed. I like it a lot. Now I just need to clean my engine lol.

Tried to show it on a photo but the box does actually seal right to the hood too which I like a lot.

Where did you buy it from?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 281 Posts