Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
anyone have part numbers for the rs air box?
I envy you the price of the airbox in US [mecry] i bought my set after conversion for 150USD

Do not have the number of the BOX itself, it is sold as whole piece with air filter. I am from Europe but the parts should be the same.

Inlet pipes:

Replacement for snorchel:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey fellow MK3 owners...

I bought the Focus RS airbox and did the install about a week ago after receiving the item... It was on back order and only took two weeks to get here... Not bad! Ordered directly from my Ford dealership but took a print out of the online prices that are out there... The cheapest I have seen so far is $45 bucks or so online... So I took that it and they price matched it... I believe the retail is like $63-65.

I also upgraded the air filter to a K&N... All I can say is the sound is amazing when you open her up and mild when driving normal... Throttle response is significantly better and can feel it smoother throughout the RPM range... Next is to do the snorkel delete to see if that helps give the Hatch a little more pep in its step...
Did you get the whole entire airbox for $65?

Or is it just the RS top that snaps into our non-RS airboxes?

·
Registered
614 Posts
there is also another thread on the RS airbox that has more info and places to purchase...

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Yep that was one of the first things I did too. I put Eibach Springs.

Sent from the future
Pro kit or sportlines.....problem with sportlines is the drop is fairly low and they seem to really sag over time or else the struts do when worn...I know someone who now has almost 3" drop on sportlines, his wheels are slightly tucked under fenders and camber/toe is out too much to adjust without aftermarket camber and toe arms

·
Registered
781 Posts
Pro kit or sportlines.....problem with sportlines is the drop is fairly low and they seem to really sag over time or else the struts do when worn...I know someone who now has almost 3" drop on sportlines, his wheels are slightly tucked under fenders and camber/toe is out too much to adjust without aftermarket camber and toe arms

I went Pro Kit. As much as I love some of the aggressive stance cars I see, I am very wary of sacrificing too much comfort. The Pro Kit feels exactly the same as stock and the height is awesome.
Only thing I need to do now is spacers, the wheels are too recessed for my liking so looking for some 25mm spacers.
Which kind of presented another dilemma- many spacers are also PCD adapters. Due to the 5x108 PCD being so rare I'm wondering whether I should also change to a more common PCD so I have more wheel options.
It all comes down to cash .... again.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I personally haven't and don't know if others who have done the RS box has... As for the butt dyno, I can feel a difference. I guess thats all that matters to me... Plus I have noticed with now driving "normally" I have gained about 2.5 MPG average better than stock box and filter...
I would love to have that air box on mine but I have the PZEV engine and it won't work, it might void the emissions warranty (15/150,000). Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
148 Posts
So should the rubber seal on the RS lid be removed since it pushes up against the padding on the hood? It seems like basically the open lid is useless and the pad makes it quiet and makes it basically the same as having the stock lid on.
I want it to be as loud as lidless or close to it without sucking in the hot air. I honestly feel that lidless gives a little more power then the RS lid at all speeds

·
Registered
614 Posts
The pricing is all around $50usd give or take a little bit.

The bigger issue is shipping......to AZ was almost $50 as well.
heh?? the RS box is like $65 shipped max from several places posted in other threads..[screwy]

·
Registered
614 Posts
So should the rubber seal on the RS lid be removed since it pushes up against the padding on the hood? It seems like basically the open lid is useless and the pad makes it quiet and makes it basically the same as having the stock lid on.
I want it to be as loud as lidless or close to it without sucking in the hot air. I honestly feel that lidless gives a little more power then the RS lid at all speeds
the rubber is there to seal it from heat getting in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
heh?? the RS box is like $65 shipped max from several places posted in other threads.[screwy]

YOUR CART

Levittown Ford SuperStore

Product Description Price Quantity Total

Cleaner Assembly - Air Part Number: G1FZ-9600-A Remove $46.86

Continue Shopping Empty Cart Update

Subtotal Amount: $46.86

Promo discount (-5.00%): -$2.34

Estimated Shipping to Goodyear, AZ: $45.62

·
Registered
614 Posts
YOUR CART