Focus Fanatics Forum banner

261 - 280 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
So to be clear the RS box in an SE is NOT a heat problem as long as you have the ST snorkel as well?
I cant say anything about it since I've had the snorkel for a while but the snorkel does help alot feeding in air while driving vs not having one and only sucking in the air that's in the engine compartment. People mostly do the RS setup because it's cheap and adds a little growl under the hood with a drop in filter.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Not perfect, I know, but who doesn't love a $20 DIY. Seals to the hood and all

EDIT: Picture isn't posting, I'm new to this if you cant tell [scratch]

I don't think Ingur lets you hotlink photos, could be wrong.. try at the bottom, manage attachments and attaching a picture you have saves to computer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks good but the RS airbox is physically taller so modding the stock one wont actually seal against the bonnet
Yeah I read that somewhere so I took that into consideration when brainstorming how to bootleg this.

If you look at the picture I posted earlier, I actually put two layers of square weatherstripping under the D-shape seal. This makes the seal tall enough where it seals to the hood. You can see the indent on the hood liner. (Sorry I cant rotate the picture for some reason. Rotate your head 90 degrees to the left for the correct orientation)

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
The RS airbox didn't do it for me. It made too much noise for my taste. Kind of gave the car a tuner sound without anything behind it other than noise. Part of my situation is that my foot is usually on the throttle pretty strong and it came off as a constant drone to me. If there is a performance sound I want some performance behind it.

Different strokes for different folks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Would this fit a 2012 SEL?

Questions in the title, every site i've seen says 2013+, just want to make sure it can fit in there.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Read my sig... I have a 2012 SE and the RS airbox with an AEM Dry filter and, FSWerks Steath exhaust and Tom's tune to tie it all together. Runs like a raped ape!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just curious, I own a 450-181 AIRAID Intake System (Comes with the metal shielding, which "blocks out the hot air" and the filter itself) which was a direct fit in replacement of the old filter. Would the filter itself fit inside the RS box? Kind of annoyed with how loud the open setup is, but don't wanna lose all the raspiness.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Just curious, I own a 450-181 AIRAID Intake System (Comes with the metal shielding, which "blocks out the hot air" and the filter itself) which was a direct fit in replacement of the old filter. Would the filter itself fit inside the RS box? Kind of annoyed with how loud the open setup is, but don't wanna lose all the raspiness.
If the filter fits a standard Focus airbox it will fit the RS airbox.

261 - 280 of 282 Posts