Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im WAYY too worn out to go ahead and describe EVERY picture, so ill just let them do the talking...

Day 1

and a 50/50 shot of the headliner

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Day 2

Note the CAKED on tar and junk..

Dirty door sill:

First car wash in over a year...

Pull it into the garage, and start to claybar:

BARF:

Claybar all done, wash again and apply sealant, let cure for 30 minutes or so.(no paint correction done unfortunately, but it was in pretty decent shape given the circumstances.)

Wipe away excess sealant, dress tires(and rims) and put the interior back together.

Some before/after interior shots(again)

·
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14
2,026 Posts
Wow, one hell of a cleaning job. Looks good!

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, one hell of a cleaning job. Looks good!
Yep, turned out looking awesome. The owner stopped by halfway through the day today and was VERY happy with the way it was looking at that point. I know he will be happy with it once he gets it back.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow thats quite an intense cleaning job. how much it cost to get a detail job that good?
I did it for a friend, so he got a good deal haha

It depends on the detailer though. Honestly, i would think that a detail like that(interior and exterior, engine bay, etc etc) would probably run $2-300, and a lot more if paint correction is involved(cutting and polishing by machine).

Not many local detailers(local to me at least) would go as far as removing seats.

It REALLY depends on the person doing the detailing, and how in-depth they go as far as cost. An interior cleaning like that i go into the vents with q-tips and get every crack and crevice. Its not THAT hard of work, but it takes time.

I know a local shop that will do an interior detail for about 100 bucks, but its a VERY quick job, and wont get it 100%

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
That is gross. Is that a member on here? He/she ought to be ashamed...

What did you use on the interior? Looks hella greasy. I HATE greasy interior with a passion...probably comes after getting my first car from a buy here pay here lot that just slathered on the ArmorAll. Sh!t I was still scraping that crap off when I sold it 2 years later.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
A couple things, 1 he looks to be an enthusiast all the stuff he has done, the mods and stuff its obvious he likes the car how could he let it get so filthy?

2 how could you let him shoot screws into his dash to hold the gauges on? [:0]

And how did you get the engine bay so clean? you have any tips for how you did that?

It looks great now, you should charge him and maybe he will keep it clean like that for a while [giddy]

Oh and if that was my car i wouldnt own up to it when it was that dirty. [eek]

Also, what is this thing? I have an 07 it looks similar in the engine bay but i dont reconize that thing?

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
That was an insane cleaning job. Looks great though! You took a ridiculous amount of pics. lol

·
Banned
8,043 Posts
A couple things, 1 he looks to be an enthusiast all the stuff he has done, the mods and stuff its obvious he likes the car how could he let it get so filthy?

And how did you get the engine bay so clean? you have any tips for how you did that?

It looks great now, you should charge him and maybe he will keep it clean like that for a while [giddy]

Also, what is this thing? I have an 07 it looks similar in the engine bay but i dont reconize that thing?
HID kit? Maybe?

I cleaned my engine over the course of a few months. I'd take some detailer and spray it on the engine right beofre I left for work. The engine heated it up and the cleaner ended up evenly spread. Worked pretty OK.

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is gross. Is that a member on here? He/she ought to be ashamed...

What did you use on the interior? Looks hella greasy. I HATE greasy interior with a passion...probably comes after getting my first car from a buy here pay here lot that just slathered on the ArmorAll. Sh!t I was still scraping that crap off when I sold it 2 years later.
Its meguiars retail line interior dressing. The shine goes away in about a day or so. NO armor all lol

Yep, he used to be on here daily, but lost interest in the car and the forum.

He did the gauges before i met him lol.

For the engine bay, i went to the local coin-op car wash, pre-soaked the engine bay with a 5:1 dilution of Meguiars APC(all purpose cleaner) and then hosed it down with the soap water, then the rinse water. Took all of 5-10 minutes lol.

The box you circled is the ballast for strobe lights that are installed in the headlights and(used to be tail lights). He swapped the tails back to stock and the bulbs are still in there.

That was an insane cleaning job. Looks great though! You took a ridiculous amount of pics. lol
Lots of pictures makes a good thread [headbang]

Sheesh, how could anyone let their car get THAT bad?
When you work all the time, and get married and your priorities shift, AND loose interest in the car, it happens. Ive seen MUCH worse.

·
Registered
193 Posts
For that kind of detailing... the guy should have gifted you with a six of microbrew.

Nicely done....

·
Registered
324 Posts
I did it for a friend, so he got a good deal haha

It depends on the detailer though. Honestly, i would think that a detail like that(interior and exterior, engine bay, etc etc) would probably run $2-300, and a lot more if paint correction is involved(cutting and polishing by machine).
Seriously, in my area it would cost a LOT MORE! I paid $250 once for a detail and picked up the car it looked like it had been run through an auto-wash. I could have done a better job in 20 minutes, I wanted to pay someone else to take all the effort and expected some paint correction. Never doing that again! For the kind of job you just posted I think people would be paying over $500 here.

That car was *filthy* I hope your friend keeps it cleaner in future!

·
Detailing Freak
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Seriously, in my area it would cost a LOT MORE! I paid $250 once for a detail and picked up the car it looked like it had been run through an auto-wash. I could have done a better job in 20 minutes, I wanted to pay someone else to take all the effort and expected some paint correction. Never doing that again! For the kind of job you just posted I think people would be paying over $500 here.

That car was *filthy* I hope your friend keeps it cleaner in future!
Well, he is going to be selling it soon, so hopefully once its sold, the new owner keeps it as clean as it is right now lol.

Id probably say you are right about the cost though. It all depends on the condition of the vehicle though. If its a well kept up with car, the amount of in depth interior detailing wouldnt be as much.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Quality job though...... looks much better :)

Remember the 60 hour ferrari detailing job? Trying to remember how much that cost the owner but it was like a ton. BUT it looked better than factory new.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts