Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the exact bolt size for a 2001 Ford Focus Rear Spindle. From previous posts it dances around a bolt size but missing one or two aspects. Is it a M10 X 1.5 X (LENGTH) 10.9 Grade. Or is this way off and what is length? I have to replace mine as I couldn't bleed my brakes due to rusted wheel cylinder and brake line. I purchased new wheel cylinder /drum with bearing brake line and new spindle as well. When I tried to remove the bolts the head snapped off and I had to stop after the first one as I have to drive my car to work and don't want to start entire replacement until I have all parts.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to Brakes, Suspension & Chassis

More chance of finding or getting info. on this here.

·
Registered
609 Posts
They are M10x1.5 22mm long flange headed bolts which you should be able to get at any Ford dealer.

As for non Ford sources, as that is not a commonly available size a bolt like this in M10x1.5 20mm long flange headed bolt http://www.menards.com/main/tools-h...20mm-flange-bolts-1-pack/p-1769564-c-8737.htm MAY work, or perhaps a 25mm long bolt with an extra washer or two between it and the back of the trailing arm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great Thanks. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
The spindles have thru-holes, so the 25mm will work without having to worry about being too long and using washers.

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
Thinking 13 mm. bolt head but they are hard to fit to because of the surrounding backing plate messing with socket or wrench fit on the bolt. Why so many get rounded off.

·
Registered
609 Posts
The spindles have thru-holes, so the 25mm will work without having to worry about being too long and using washers.
I knew the holes went all the way through, I just was concerned with a too long of bolt possibly touching something on the other side if they were too long, and not having a 25mm bolt handy to see if it would contact something I opted to go on the side of caution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts