Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 zx5 with the premium sound package and radio. Is it worth putting in an alpine amp to the system?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
4 channel amp it said on the front of the amp 1200 watt

·
Registered
433 Posts
Are you talking about running it to the four speakers in the doors? If you have the stock speakers, it is not near worth putting an amp to them. If you are/have upgraded your speakers, please tell what they are so we can look up the specks and see if that amp would be a good addition.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the stock speakers that came with the car, would i notice a better sound quality if I upgraded to lets say pioneer speakers?

·
Registered
433 Posts
It just depends. What size type and line of pioneers. Before I get jumped on by size and type I mean there are different options. You can get a 5x7/6x8 or with a bracket a 5 1/4" either standard or component can fit, or a 6 1/2" component can fit with some adjusting and modification. With speakers it is pretty much true that the more you spend the better sound quality you get. Pioneers walmart line is not the best, they sound better than stock but not the best. I can't say anything about their higher end line.

However, I have Kenwood KFC's in my F-150 that I really like. They are running only from a Kenwood Excelon Head unit.

I have Infinity Kappa's in my Foci that I like but they are also just of a Kenwood Excelon.

If the amp puts out that many watts, you are going to want to find out the RMS per channel as well as the peak per channel at 4 ohms and find some speakers that can take what the amp says it can put out. If you have a link to the specks on the amp, I am sure more help and recommendations can be given.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
i dont think alpine makes a 4 channel amp thats that powerful...a model number would be great

·
Registered
470 Posts
Amp factory speakers? Ha Ha. No.

If anything, get new speakers first. If you still want better sound, get an amplifier. I'd recommend getting a good set of components for up front and an amp that does about 100w x 2 to power them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts