Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey forum , im very close to getting a turbo for my long deserved focus, and i was really thinking of getting the fswerks turbo stage 2, but i recently fell upon Focus power turbo kit and i like what they promise but i dont like the factthat its not intercooled and not tuned, and fswerks is about 20 minfrom my house, what are the cons and pros of each kit?

·
Vinyl + LED guru
4,243 Posts
I wasn't aware that Tom was already making kits for the duratec engine in your car....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm then someone told me incorrect information. And I should have done more research. Thanks . But I still would like an input on kits other than fswerks.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Hmmm then someone told me incorrect information. And I should have done more research. Thanks . But I still would like an input on kits other than fswerks.
Get either fswerks or top speeds if you want an external wastegate set up.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Vinyl + LED guru
4,243 Posts
TopSpeed makes great kits that are more capable out of the box as far as high boost is concerned over FSWerks. They are more expensive, but do use TiAL housings, Garrett turbochargers, ID1000 injectors are recommended, etc.

Pricier, but more capable.

Both kits would be amazing on any car. Many people are running over 300whp in the FSWerks kits and the TS kits should get you over 400whp with no changes to their kit.

You of course need a build block to handle it and have longevity,

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
IMO, I would go with FSWerks since you are so close. They offer free dyno time for turbo kit owners.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Its hard to beat FSW with them being 20 min form you, However, it depends what your goals are. I would say if you are never going to build the motor stay with FSW. If your goal is 300+ go with Top Speed, theirs will piss 300whp and would do over 400whp out of the box. FSW is going to struggle to get you to 350 even with their up sized turbo.

Top Speed has done over 350whp and 275wtq on a stock motor 2.0 at only 13psi with a gt2871 (although they dont advise doing that for longevity.) For anything over 240-250wtq a built bottom end is recommended

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is very impressive. I forgot to note that my fofo is (automatic) hence the transmission only being able to handle 215whp max and that's pushing it ( my goal is really getting the most out of my focus's trasmission with about 200-215 whp and what I had in mind was that if my trasmission ever started to slip I would want to do a ATX to MTX swap and the being able to take full advantage of the turbo and the engine. But I would also want my transmission right now to last me as long as possible. But really thinking about it I think I should buy an already turbo'd focus 2.3 or a svt. I'm just kinda over thinking it hahaa.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
With FSWerks practically down the street, this isn't even really a question. [:)]

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
To reiterate what everyone else has already said, go with FSWerks since you are so close. Both the TopSpeed and the FSWerks are great kits however.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Also the fswerks kits are very stealthy compared to topspeed(mostly race only setups or balls out) stealthy is needed here in cali. If u live in the backwoods of Tennessee and don't have worry about anyone popping ur hood than go with the topspeed. A couple of members even had cops look at there cars lol and peeked around and said nothing the fswerks looks factory lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts