Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very cool vid. Excellent production and you're well spoken which I appreciate.(y)
Your rationale makes sense too. Preventative measure to try and save the DCT seems like a good idea. Hope it works out for you.
I just recently got Tom's custom tune too. Haven't driven it much but first impressions over the first 60 miles or so are spot on with yours. Car's much peppier throughout the revs. To include a couple occasions of torque steer in 3rd gear?.
I've got the manual transmission and I have to say the tune has made my life easier in that regard too. Don't have to rev as high to get the car rolling and don't have to downshift as much to keep it rolling. Hopefully your DCT is feeling the same way.
So far, Tom's Tune seems well worth the money and helps make the car what it should have been in the first place. Easily driveable.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool vid. Excellent production and you're well spoken which I appreciate.(y)
Your rationale makes sense too. Preventative measure to try and save the DCT seems like a good idea. Hope it works out for you.
I just recently got Tom's custom tune too. Haven't driven it much but first impressions over the first 60 miles or so are spot on with yours. Car's much peppier throughout the revs. To include a couple occasions of torque steer in 3rd gear?.
I've got the manual transmission and I have to say the tune has made my life easier in that regard too. Don't have to rev as high to get the car rolling and don't have to downshift as much to keep it rolling. Hopefully your DCT is feeling the same way.
So far, Tom's Tune seems well worth the money and helps make the car what it should have been in the first place. Easily driveable.
Thanks! Yes I'm loving the tune. I did some 0 - 60 pulls today and compared to 2018 they're a second faster. For a 3000lb car that's like a 30hp gain. ?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: Today was my first time using the AC since getting the tune.. something I dreaded because it robbed so much grunt. Happy to report I couldn't feel any significant power loss at all with the tune. :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts