Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
The kit is made by a company called PR Tec, taiwanese.... Tom is the distrubuter for it in US....he also had input on it for the MK3 and has been testing it on manual and dct focus with good results so far...the kit has also been on a longterm durabilty test for a few years....low.boost.....no engine issues so far....people are waiting on dyno numbers to find out how much hp/torque it makes on low boost on a stock engine.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
You will also have a diy option kit, more.suited for custom built engines as you run as much boost as motor and fuel system upgrades can handle

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I don't have that much more to add really.

I just pulled it out of storage for the winter. It starts up. Oil is flowing. Boost is choo chooing. Car still drives good. Gets good gas milage.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
With apologies to RyRod, this is a start on a copy of his original thread with OT commentary removed.

To be continued.

Copy now complete, I can add/delete posts from the original thread at RyRod's suggestion.

Thread open for now, PLZ limit comments to conversation with the OP on his experiences with the kit.

General discussion of this kit needs to be in OTHER threads on it.

OT comments will be deleted.

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Ryrod....keep.us updated with how its going...especially the dct...if you feel like getting a dyno done at a local place, that would be cool too. :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
How hard was it to adapt the original exhaust to the new turbo setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
490 Posts
Its a direct bolt up to the stock Exh

Tom

Thanks Tom! I officially need one of these. Time to start saving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
^^^^Nice! Getting the performance bug? ;)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Sorry guys realize I got a bit off topic there.

RyRod, can you estimate how much ground clearance you lost with the intercooler pipe? And do you have any more pictures of the cold side pipe leading to the intake? How are you liking the A-Pillar gauge pod? Is it a good color match to the stock interior pieces?

I love the color of your car by the way, and the black Ford Racing plate with the Gloss Grill is on point!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Sorry guys realize I got a bit off topic there.

RyRod, can you estimate how much ground clearance you lost with the intercooler pipe? And do you have any more pictures of the cold side pipe leading to the intake? How are you liking the A-Pillar gauge pod? Is it a good color match to the stock interior pieces?

I love the color of your car by the way, and the black Ford Racing plate with the Gloss Grill is on point!
I'd have to get back under the car to refresh my memory but I'm pretty sure the loss of ground clearance was negligible.

I can work on some different pictures. No problemo.

The A pillar gauge pod is great. The match is pretty much dead on to the naked eye.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I'd have to get back under the car to refresh my memory but I'm pretty sure the loss of ground clearance was negligible.

I can work on some different pictures. No problemo.

The A pillar gauge pod is great. The match is pretty much dead on to the naked eye.
Did you bother to put a splash guard under the engine or no?

Looks like GlowShift only sells the Black A-Pillar now which is a bummer, I suppose I could swap the passenger one for black as well and help it look better, but I may see who else offers those.

I greatly appreciate the extra pictures!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Did you bother to put a splash guard under the engine or no?

Looks like GlowShift only sells the Black A-Pillar now which is a bummer, I suppose I could swap the passenger one for black as well and help it look better, but I may see who else offers those.

I greatly appreciate the extra pictures!
The OEM splash guard got torn up the first winter I drove it. Never bothered putting one back on and it's been fine.

Yes, the black a pillar is the only one they sell. That's why I used SEM Color Coat and painted it. Came out looking just fine.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The OEM splash guard got torn up the first winter I drove it. Never bothered putting one back on and it's been fine.

Yes, the black a pillar is the only one they sell. That's why I used SEM Color Coat and painted it. Came out looking just fine.
Makes sense. Do you know the part number of the paint you used?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Great looking car sir - fantastic build

I appreciate all your fine details! I'll most likely only dream of doing this to my '14 SE but you sir get the prize!

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts
Any updates, hows she driving? :)

41 - 59 of 59 Posts