Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
03 ZTW
7 Posts
Folks on this forum are so rough when it comes to simple mistakes. I’ve seen countless examples of people being negative, patronizing, and assumptive when a simple statement can do. Doesn’t make me want to hang around here much.

I do appreciate you pointing the thread age out, though - I obviously didn’t notice that the thread was so old and was responding the the poster above. But how do you think people find these threads that are 13 years old? Oh, maybe it was through search!

·
Registered
2006 ZXW SE, starting its new life as a sleeper
49 Posts
No offense was intended - I just know folks get frustrated when no one replies on a dead thread. I'm pretty new here and find it a bit hard to find stuff despite having built web applications as a job in the past!
You can sort the search results by "most recent" and you can use "exact phrase matching" on the advanced search to get more related results. Also, using Google site search helps (i.e. adding site:www.focusfanatics.com to a google search).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Folks on this forum are so rough when it comes to simple mistakes....
I get where you’re coming from and don’t disagree with you with respect to the sharp tone and tenor used by some here. That said, it’s important to remember everyone is unique and has their own style.

One thing I’ve noticed over the years on message boards like this is most forum regulars are good folks who, at their core, want to be helpful. All of us have different styles and techniques we used when trying to be helpful - this forum included.

I was an athlete in my younger days. I once had a coach who I felt was singling me out, picking on me, and just being mean in general. He was definitely rough, verbally, with simple mistakes.

Sensing that I was pulling away, his long time assistant pulled me aside and taught me a great lesson. He told me that I needed to stop listening to the tone my coach was using and begin focusing on the message my coach was delivering. “Hear what he’s saying and ignore the tone he’s using to say it” was, I believe, his exact words.

That wonderful assistant coach pointed out to me that my coach was hard on me because he thought I could be a good player and was trying, in his own prickly way, to help me be become the best player I could be.

It was a life changing experience in so many ways. One of which, and probably the least important, was I allowed my coach to help me become a much better player than I would’ve been had I tuned him out.

There are lots of folks here who can help you become a better mechanic and problem solver if you let them coach you and begin listening to what they say, and ignore the tone they use to say it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Way to derail a thread... I don't think this is a 13 year old thread either, OP just recently installed this kit and the thread is 4 months old.

·
Registered
2006 ZXW SE, starting its new life as a sleeper
49 Posts
My mistake. I must have mistaken a join date for a start date. I'm sorry for the trouble caused.

·
Registered
107 Posts
it happens! I don't think it's that big of a deal given that MKI is... well old :)
It's not a very active forum nowadays.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts