Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have installed 2 of these now on SVT Focus both making over 320HP to the wheels , I feel good about the fitment and I am now ready to sell some

You will get

SPA Manifold
2.5 Down pipe with v-band clamp for ease of install
Waste gate down pipe going back into the 2.5 down pipe slip style
Piping from Turbo to Intercooler
Intercooler that is 8 x 31 x 3.5 this sucker flows like crazy and cool`s very well
Piping from Intercooler to TB
Piping from Turbo to Filter in the inner fender well
Bracket for intake piping

For either the ZX3 or SVT 1495.00

Options will be

Comp Turbo with v-band installed ( 675.00 ) This is a very good spooling turbo yet will make 350HP at the wheels with a built engine

Adaptor from 3 bolt SPA type waste gate to 2 bolt turbonetics EVO ( 45.00 )

Oil pan with bung welded in ( 45.00 ) if you exchange oil pans ( 25.00 )

3 Inch MAF Tube ( 70.00 )
---------------------------------------
Things you will need that does not come in the DIY kit

Turbo
3 Inch MAF Tube
BOV
Waste Gate
Hoses (2) 2 inch , (1) 2 to 2.5 , (2) 2.5 , (2) 2.5 to 3 inch (1) 3 inch
Clamps 16
Bolts,washers,nuts
Oil feed line -4
Oil return line
Vac lines
Filter
Diablo Mafia
60lb Injectors

All of these parts can be bought from ebay or most any Turbo store , shop around and find the best deals
----------------------------------------

Remote tuning
ZX3 450.00 you must have a A/F Gauge
SVT 550.00 you MUST have a J&S and AF Gauge

In my opinion this will be the best way to turbocharge your Focus , I doubt anything better will ever come out

----------------------------------------
This is a Dyno of a SVT Focus with my new DIY Kit , 2.5 Exh , CFM TB , is all the other mods

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
thats looks great Tom glad to see this

·
Registered
50 Posts
Can you provide some details on the turbo you are recommending? Would you recommend the same turbo for a stock SVT?

Thanks,
Gregg

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Wow that such a great deal. Now is comp turbo like a uh tuning chip or software or something like that. Wow man, do I have a ton ready for you make me. Lol. Let's hope you're still doing this stuff in a couple of years, huh? [thumb]

·
Registered
50 Posts
For those of us that would like this setup for a regular daily driven zetec (200+ whp/torque), can someone recommend a quick spooling turbo and matching wastegate/bov? Tom, any suggestions? Thanks for helping a newb.

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Thats kinda depressing because after going through all this bs with my kit I coulda almost bought your kit. In fact it would probably only be about $500 difference. Wish I had waited... Live and learn i guess.

·
Registered
275 Posts
^^^ yup.
Thats what happened with my focus... :/

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
well, now i'm in a pickle. i can get an old focus power kit with a turbo that has a bad seal in it (first apyment jsut sent out) or this new stuff with no turbo for the same price. crap!!!

this kit has an old turbonetics on it. however i need to get it rebuilt.
well at least i can get the pan from you,lol. it seems i'm getting the hardware either way.

either way i'm glad your putting kits together again. jsut one question which wideband af gauge do you suggest and what tuner do you use the most? i'd love to get my car tuned by you

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i am also looking for a turbo to compilment a DD. i was wondering what would be a fast spooling turbo that would make about 200-225wtq? i heard something about the stage 1 kit that doesnt come with an intercooler, whats the scoop on that kit?

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Comp Turbo that I have chosen for this kit will be perfect for 200 to 250HP stock engine daily drivers both on the ZX3 and SVT

Tom

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
yay, tom's got a kit out again!!!! [:)]

i assume picts will follow eventually.

Cool stuff Tom. I won't get one cause I love my PW sound, but I'm sure the kit will be nice.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
From what I've seen the Comp (competition) Turbo is about the same as a T3 super 60 or GT28Rs Spool wise... I have seen BOTH of the kits and have ridden in (and will get to drive) one of the cars this weekend.

I was impressed with how it performed and the spool up started as soon as you could push the gas pedal down!!!!! I think its an EXCELLENT choice of turbos!!

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Egbertnr (one of the kits thats out) has an Ebay BOV on his car... its a GReedy Type S knock off and its pretty much IDENTICAL to my real Type S.

I wouldnt have any problems with using one.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
The kit is great and the turbo will work for any of your power goals I think up to 350whp. I am very haappy with mine!

1 - 20 of 175 Posts