Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Tom, would a kb boost a pump be needed to run in the 450-500 range?
No, you're gonna need a return style fuel system once you get past 350whp or so.

·
FF Affiliate
31,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
how much power are they pushing though? Another question, could I use a std. bearing turbo now...and then later switch to a bb turbo without any modifications to mounting it in the future?
Yes you can change later , there is no size change or mounting to the turbo when going to Trip ball bearing from STD bearing

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
31,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
so a KB BAP is needed regardless UNTIL you hit the 350 mark?
Most can squeeze 300 out but then a BAP is needed , Some are doing 370-380ish with stock and a BAP , I know how the stock return system works (yes the focus has a built in return system) and how the BAP works and dont support going over 350 with a BAP

Tom

·
Banned
7,946 Posts
is there any pics of your turbo system installed? i cant find any anywheres!

im trying to mock up the piping on the car and im confused to where everything goes.

·
Registered
216 Posts
it goes on the car like this:

The two pieces on the drivers side come up under the headlight (you might have to do some trimming)

·
Registered
459 Posts

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
500whp? there is not really much dealing there unless you have slicks. 1st gear is a joke, 2nd gear is a joke, 3rd gear is a joke, and 4th gear is still pretty funny. it is my understanding that traction is pretty much a thing of the past once you push your way past 300whp in the focus. now if you feather it just right you COULD hook up 3rd pretty well on some good DOT radials and maybe even 2nd gear too a little bit but shifting from gear to gear and going strait to WOT there is no way you would do anything but blow the tires off with that kind of power.

·
Vinyl + LED guru
4,243 Posts
500whp? there is not really much dealing there unless you have slicks. 1st gear is a joke, 2nd gear is a joke, 3rd gear is a joke, and 4th gear is still pretty funny. it is my understanding that traction is pretty much a thing of the past once you push your way past 300whp in the focus. now if you feather it just right you COULD hook up 3rd pretty well on some good DOT radials and maybe even 2nd gear too a little bit but shifting from gear to gear and going strait to WOT there is no way you would do anything but blow the tires off with that kind of power.
Read Jared's build on FJ

21 - 40 of 192 Posts