Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
31,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the first Manifold , downpipe , Comp turbo on a FF members car and it made an impressive 326HP and spooled much quicker then the older turbos I was using , This is a SVT and has the jracing intake , a SVT with stock intake coming soon , This was on 20psi boost with gains in power over older turbo from 2000 to 7000

Tom

·
Registered
341 Posts
Very impressive Tom congratulations on another great kit and I hope all is going well.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Some dam good numbers Tom. Now i need to just get my wideband to read right on sct datalog

·
I AM DA FOCI FANATIC
3,715 Posts
Awesome #'s

Any chance on seeing that dyno?

#1 I would like to see the curve with the JayRacing intake.
#2 would like to see bottom power band for Daily Driving.

Appreciate it and congrats on the DIY KIT!

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Excellent work tom! Can u boost a ztec (non svt) also? Possibly with the jay racing intake manifold. Was the intake manifold the new design or the old design?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
any pics?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
^^^^ DUH, of course he tuned it.

This is the Yellow SVT not the other SPA DIY kit that was on the black SE that I did some of the tech and most of the tuning on... it made right at 240/240 on 12psi and an all stock motor.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I sure would like to see the dyno before we come down to get it..... (hint hint) and a comparison of the JayRacing intake against the stock one.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I could help you out, I like tuning myself. If I could have came up with the money I was going to buy Toms dyno (and bring it back to my place) but the guy I was trying to go in with backed out.

·
Slow n lifted
10,570 Posts
lol! sounds good! if i decide to go turbo on my svt I will defenatly let you know and pay you to tune the car.

and those are nice numbers! def want to see some pics of the setup

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Looks like someone is going to get his car back soon...
Yeah everyone keep their fingers crossed! I look forward to finally getting her back!

I too am very happy with those numbers, talked with Tom a little on Friday and was like a little kid when he told me the numbers!

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Yeah it was a comp turbo, the stgIII super 60 style. It has the v-band clamp connecting the downpipe

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Excellent work tom! Can u boost a ztec (non svt) also? Possibly with the jay racing intake manifold. Was the intake manifold the new design or the old design?
This was the latest design of the intake manifold with the completely machined flanged with the injector ports machined in the flange.

It is a built bottom end with with 9.0:1 which is about 9.5:1 on the SVT, Eagle rods, and FP main caps.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts