Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
And the pistons have a lower deck height correct? Otherwise would hit the head with the longer stroke?

Also longer stroke = larger capacity to spool the turbo quicker?

Not telling, just checking my understanding :)
There is a difference between longer rod and longer stroke , I didnt change the stroke from the engine I am using

Changing stroke changes Cubic Inches

Tom

·
Registered
294 Posts
Based on your decision to go with the upgraded valve springs and going to a long rod, can I assume you are going to spool a big turbo with a ton of rpm? What kind of rev limit are you going for?

By the way, the reason I ask so many questions about this build of yours is that I'm building an engine myself. I got it before you started this thread but I'm sure you will be done first lol.

·
FF Affiliate
30,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Based on your decision to go with the upgraded valve springs and going to a long rod, can I assume you are going to spool a big turbo with a ton of rpm? What kind of rev limit are you going for?

By the way, the reason I ask so many questions about this build of yours is that I'm building an engine myself. I got it before you started this thread but I'm sure you will be done first lol.
I dont see it being turned more then 7500 rpm

You were so on to something when you asked about the Valve Cover LOL

Tom

·
Registered
294 Posts
My degree in googling has led me to discover that that valve cover is off of a second gen ecoboost block. That makes no sense why you would use/have that to put on a focus motor. I can't really tell what block you are using under that focus head because of your framing and potato of a camera. I think it might be my imagination but that block deck look more closed in than the one I have on my bench.

·
FF Affiliate
30,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Its a 2.5 Fusion short block with a 2.0 GDI head , Longer rod , taller deck , a LOT more stroke then the 2.0

It isnt anything close to as easy as putting the 2.5 in a 2003-2011 where a 2.0 was , Its a TON more work and more things have to be changed to get it to work but its up and running

You will see in a couple weeks why that Valve cover , its pretty kool

Tom

·
Registered
294 Posts
Oh shit you actually went and did it. When I asked esslinger about doing that a while back they said some custom stuff had to be made because of the large timing gears on the gdi cams. That explains a lot but not everything. I look forward to seeing the rest.

·
FF Affiliate
30,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Are we there yet? [?] (I hate the suspense.)
There is pictures posted in another thread and some dyno # 327whp 344wtq at 5000 rpm and having fueling issues

Tom

·
So mote be it
8,848 Posts
There is pictures posted in another thread and some dyno # 327whp 344wtq at 5000 rpm and having fueling issues

Tom
Fueling issues like what the ST motor sees when going above 350hp? Higher hp builds there tend to lean on extra fuel from port injection and/or watermeth injection. Is that something you will be doing too or will you be upgrading pumps/injectors? Or just different fueling issues altogether?

·
FF Affiliate
30,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
You can see in the pictures I have the aftermarket high Psi Fuel pump , The added set of injectors for the intake runners is a band-aid at best and there is NO WAY! I would run them

I am working on a few things

Tom

·
FF Affiliate
30,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Im at 327 whp and 344 wtq at 5000 rpm , if I had gone to 6000 it would of been over 350 whp so I am in the area of the fueling issues for sure

Tom

·
Torretto!
3,879 Posts

·
FF Affiliate
30,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Blue is the 2.5 Turbocharged , Tune not finished Fueling issues

Red is stock 2.0 Engine 138,000 miles clutch slipping

Green is stock 2.0 138,000 Engine nothing but my Tune

Tom