Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, well I have taken my car in to two different shops, and one told me, that a sensor for my transmission was bad, and the other said that I have a cracked exhaust manifold, and crack in the egr sensor gasket.

Now as for driving my car, it seems that I have to press the gas down more to go. It seems to lack some power when driving, possibly (as it feels while driving, the car might shut off or stall or even slip a gear.)

If anyone has any ideas, or information I would love to hear it! Thanks!

·
Banned
85 Posts
i think my car has the same problem, but sombody told me it is the lifters or something inside the engine, but i dont know for sure but also where is the egr sensor located on my car ????

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
sly... you throwing any codes or anything? The EGR sensor is located towards the back of the engine bay right behind and towards the drivers side of your engine. Look at where your plug cables come together, and right behind that there will be a silver round piece...the sensor is just to the right of that. If you are having an EGR problem you will most likely be throwing some kind of CEL. I just replaced mine for the second time on two months...I was throwing the lowflow code..

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And how was your car driving? I am planning on purchasing an OBD-II scanner soon, so I can read my own codes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts