Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at buying a chip for my 2001 focus, does it make a big difference in the car??? and what is the best company to go with??

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
SCT....you can find them used (flashed back to stock) on here, from focus sport, Hypnotic illusions auto, ebay, all over........ SCT's Xcal2 is the way to go.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
and yes, they basically remap the air and fuel delivery to optimize performance, or fuel economy. you can change idle, speedo readings, air/fuel, all kinds of stuff.....I know the SVT's get rtecorded 10-12HP to the WHEELS from an SCT flasher.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Yea once i get my headers and flexpipe on im going to get the SCT to make it all work nice together.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I read a post from Tom somewhere on here that unless you have a heavily modded engine, these aren't worth it for non-svt.

·
Banned
503 Posts
idk, to me its worth it to optimize my MPG and get that LAST lil juice out of my engine that needs to be unlocked. U get to remap the tire size too, cause for me, my whole odometer is off right now do to my rims...plus, u can check codes b4 u even pop the hood. plus that GOD dang EGR system gets disabled...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts