Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know of a place to get performance parts for my Focus Zetec in Australia, specifically in Melbourne? I'm after stuff like Cold Air Intake and Exhausts. If not, who is the best to import from?

Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Since the Focus is so new to you all, I doubt that there is much available. I know that Focus Central has agents in the UK....so at least they have some experience in the import/export arena. Wish I could offer more help. [?|] I would be willing to bet that if and when Focus modding catches on down there you will likely have far superior products available in your own backyard.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would be interested to know if you got the Euro style or NA style.....ie is your fuel system returnless like ours or the more conventional return type like in Europe. The Europeans have a much easier time with big HP gains due to easier fuel pressure control. That is just one difference but crucial. How does the Focus seem to be selling there? I have only seen posts from a few Focus owners in Australia on the 4 or 5 biggest Focus boards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, to tell you the truth I'm not entirely sure, but I'm fairly certain it's a European type. Before i bought my zetec, i think i saw one on the road. But now i'm starting to notice them everywhere, they're definitely becoming more popular. I'll see if i can dig up some statistics on sales figures for you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
No need to put yourself out on my account....but thanks. I am just a fanatic that wants to know everything about my car....no matter how irrelevent!! [screwy]

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi Mist. I'm in Melb myself.

Are you looking to buy name brands? If not I got my exhaust from Daalder in Preston. Cost me under 400 and gives a nice sound. Dunno if it did anything to power really. There's www.infocusmotorsport.com.au but I think they are a bit $$$ imo. Cold air should be easy to fabricate for any tune shop. Should cost around 280 - 300. GL man.

Also checkout www.eurofordclub.com to see who's in your area.

Yes the Aussie Focus is Euro.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts