Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO,... When I bought my car like 2 or 3 monthes ago I was maybe the 2nd person to have a zx3 in the area... tonight I was taking the usual cool off cruise and I saw like 8 zx3's [:(] every color,.. light blue, green, 2 silvers, 2 black, red, and a yella one ... ohh whell the only thing that still makes me feel unique is that I have the only PZEV and there is only one other 5spd and I have not yet seen another drk blue one besides mine here . YET!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
Get used to it, not too many domestic (or foriegn) cars that match ours. You should try living near a military base. A $14,000 car is perfect. EVERYONE drives a Ranger or a Focus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,236 Posts
UncommonCustoms said:
SO,... When I bought my car like 2 or 3 monthes ago I was maybe the 2nd person to have a zx3 in the area... tonight I was taking the usual cool off cruise and I saw like 8 zx3's [:(] every color,.. light blue, green, 2 silvers, 2 black, red, and a yella one ... ohh whell the only thing that still makes me feel unique is that I have the only PZEV and there is only one other 5spd and I have not yet seen another drk blue one besides mine here . YET!?!
Nice car, that Twilight blue MTX PZEV [:D]

I don't see an abnormal number of fOCUSes out my way (Providence RI area). When I see a ZX-3, silver seems to be a common color. I see more sedans and wagons it seems, non-enthusiasts who just want an economical car. Most people don't take the fOCUS seriously - they see it as a glorified Escort, and they don't seem to forget all the bad press from the early recall days. When I tell people I drive a fOCUS, even gearhead buddies, the conversation never seems to last very long. Oh well... we're driving the Rodney Dangerfield of cars I guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Well, you can educate them that Focus has been one of Car & Drivers 10 Best since its intoduction and this year tops the small car and sporty car categories in Consumer Reports.
Ignorance doesn't have to be forever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,236 Posts
Jake said:
Well, you can educate them that Focus has been one of Car & Drivers 10 Best since its intoduction and this year tops the small car and sporty car categories in Consumer Reports.
Ignorance doesn't have to be forever.
Hi Jake:

Yeah, I am fully aware of the C&D awards - I have been a subscriber to that mag for over 20 years. The 10-Best accolades are one of the main reasons I considered the fOCUS in the first place. I try, but no one seems to care. I am not a big fan of Consumer Reports so I don't bother to quote them.

The one person who has paid attention is my boss - he drove my car and went right out and bought one for himself the very next day. His other ride is an '02 Marauder, incidentally.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
after I bought mine I started to notice a lot more of the around too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
PitchBlackPZEV said:
Get used to it, not too many domestic (or foriegn) cars that match ours. You should try living near a military base. A $14,000 car is perfect. EVERYONE drives a Ranger or a Focus.
What base are you at? In the San Diego area we have E-3's & E-4's that are driving WRX STI's and RX-8's. I never could have afforded that as an E-4! Heck, I'm an E-6 now and just bought my first NEW car!
Oh yeah, read my sig when it comes to Escorts. I've handed many a "performance" car their butts in mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,779 Posts
AT1 said:
What base are you at? In the San Diego area we have E-3's & E-4's that are driving WRX STI's and RX-8's. I never could have afforded that as an E-4! Heck, I'm an E-6 now and just bought my first NEW car!
Oh yeah, read my sig when it comes to Escorts. I've handed many a "performance" car their butts in mine.
Those E-3's and E-4's are prob paying out the wazoo, car dealers near posts will sell a troop any kind of car cuz they have guaranteed income. No unit will let someones bills go unpaid, the finance unit will make sure of this. When joe private gets his LES and finds his pay is deducted by a fat amount, he will wish he didn't get that STi. Wonder what the sign on bonus's look like?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top